Human Resources Generalist
- Department: Human Resources
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist will sit on-site at our Distribution Center in Weirton, West Virginia.
At rue21, we believe fashion should be fun and accessible to all. As a leading specialty retailer, we’re different, we’re unique—just like you. rue21 combines a shopping experience designed to fit the individuality of our customers with a community to foster love, advocate change and empower each other through what we wear and what we do. Join our team and be #YOUinrue.
LIVING OUR VALUES:
Inclusivity: rue21 embraces all of you. We promote individuality and celebrate our differences. All are accepted, respected and welcome. Integrity: We own our words, our actions, and our results. We set our standard high by thinking big. It matters how we show up and how we play the game. Collaboration: Together we are rue21. We listen and support each other and achieve our collective goals together. Curiosity: We don’t ask why, we ask why not? We are agile and are driven by new ideas and original thinking. We are passionate and believe anything is possible. Community: Our power is our people; our community of customers, associates and partners. We care, we connect, we listen and we deliver.
The Human Resources (HR) Generalist will be responsible for coordination of the Distribution Center (DC) exempt & non-exempt associate recruitment, work culture and events, employee relations, and performance management. In addition, the HR Generalist will assist Support Center employees regarding ER matters and help facilitate trainings.
What will you do? - Responsibilities
- HR Generalist
- Responsible for Recruiting for all DC open positions.
- Handle DC New Hire Employee Orientations, creating a strong connection to our Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Conduct 45-day and 90-day touch bases with new DC and SC employees.
- Organize all Employee Exits to receive feedback and provide guidance to leadership.
- Lead trainings for Leadership on different HR topics.
- Field Employee Relations (ER) questions providing information, guidance, or facilitating conflict resolution conversations between associates, or associates and managers.
- Assist with performance Improvement Plans or Individual Development Plans.
- Conduct HR Investigations as needed and deliver corrective actions if necessary.
- Review termination recommendations and documentation, notifying employees of decision.
- Run overtime and headcount reports as necessary for DC Director.
- Manage vendor relationships for office (Vending, Coffee, Badges, Temp Agencies, etc.)
- Promote employee recognition – Monthly Anniversaries, Birthdays, and Gem Awards.
- Monthly HR meeting preparation, facilitation, and minute taking.
- Design/posting/guidance to management for relevant safety topics of the month.
- Assist and guide management on accident investigations including route cause identification and corrective action implementation.
- Identify light duty work available reviewing medical documentation and discussing job duties with department supervisors, maintain light duty agreements, and ensure regular follow up until associate is released to full duty (light duty is offered whether injury occurs at work or if it is a personal injury.)
- OSHA reporting, maintenance of legally required OSHA 300 for facility.
- Point of contact for DC employees for any general benefit related questions.
- Coordinate Annual Enrollment help sessions.
What do you bring to the table? - Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, communications, or psychology preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Human Resources.
- Experience in a Distribution/Manufacturing setting preferred.
- Experience working in a non-union environment and executing union avoidance measures and tactics.
- Prior retail experience preferred.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work with and influence senior management.
- Strong, professional, and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines.
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Communication – Effectively communicates with CEO, Board of Directors, leadership team, cross-functional peers, and all associates in field, store operations and visual merchandising teams; Actively listens to understand others and ensures the message is understood; Ensures important matters are shared with all appropriate parties; Communicates in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing; Accepts and uses feedback to improve performance
- Collaboration – Demonstrates the desire and ability to work cross-functionally; uses a "we" focused approach; Resolves interpersonal conflicts constructively; Appreciates and leverages the strengths of others to accomplish goals.
- Proves to be an open-minded and inclusive leader.
- Holds Self Accountable – Holds self-accountable for measurable high quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
- People Centric – Exhibits strong listening skills; Has a fast paced, ever changing, people first mentality; Builds positive working relationships with internal and external business partners
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and goes beyond what is required to achieve goals
- Deliver – Results driven with high standards; Sets achievable goals, successfully executes, and can articulate solutions in a linear, easy to understand way; Searches for inefficiencies in processes and offers pertinent recommendations to improve
- Evolve – Strives to be original through thought and ideas; Displays genuine excitement around "new"
Please be aware that the Company requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
At rue21 we believe everyone has a voice and a seat at the table. Inclusion is in our DNA, and we embrace each individual’s unique story they have to tell.
Our Benefits include:
- Employee Discount
- Generous PTO Allowance
- Energetic & Innovative Culture
- Casual Dress Code
- Tiered Medical/Dental/Vision Plans & Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement