Inventory Planning Analyst
- Department: Planning and Allocation
*This position is open to candidates in Pittsburgh, PA and remote candidates in the Eastern Standard Time Zone.
Living Our Vision, Mission & Values
Vision: Affordable fashion, accessible to all. Values: Inclusivity: rue21 embraces all of you. We promote individuality and celebrate our differences. All are accepted, respected and welcome. Integrity: We own our words, our actions, and our results. We set our standards high by thinking big. It matters how we show up and how we play the game. Collaboration: Together we are rue21. We listen and support each other and achieve our collective goals together. Curiosity: We don’t ask why; we ask why not? We are agile and are driven by new ideas and original thinking. We are passionate and believe anything is possible. Community: Our power is our people; our community of customers, associates, and partners.
The Inventory Planning Analyst contributes to rue21’s results by analyzing store selling trends and allocating product to support sales and inventory targets. By engaging with cross-functional partners in merchandising, planning and visual they ensure the assortment meets the strategic direction to appeal to our core customer.
• Commits to supporting rue21's vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their sphere of influence.
• Develop Allocation strategies for replenishment, fashion, and seasonal product. Accurately and efficiently allocate merchandise to stores in appropriate quantities and timing to maximize profit and meet customer demand.
• Identify store outliers and prescribe corrective actions as needed to provide stores with the proper level of inventory.
• Analyze size selling and recommend pack sizes to service customer demand.
• Create assortment plans to ensure choice counts and inventory depth support the store needs and strategic vision of the department.
• Initiate conversation with management and cross functional partners to provide recommendations.
• Support Field teams through top store company initiatives and ongoing analytics.
• Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Previous retail experience: Stores, Allocation, Planning, Buying, or Finance
• Bachelors degree
• Engaging interpersonal skills that foster relationships with cross-functional partners. Must be a great listener and appreciate different perspectives while also being able to articulate your own, independent, perspective.
• Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
• Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to draw conclusions and create recommendations.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Takes ownership of position responsibilities with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
• Insatiable curiosity to find innovative ways to improve business results
• Seeks professional development independently; willingly participates in projects not typically within scope of responsibility
• Efficient organization, prioritization, and planning skills
• Microsoft Office suite (high level of Excel proficiency required)
• MID / Logility / JDA / Blue Yonder or other inventory planning and allocation systems
• Reporting tools and systems such as Tableau and Microstrategy
Please be aware that the Company requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
At rue21 we believe everyone has a voice and a seat at the table. Inclusion is in our DNA, and we embrace each individual’s unique story they have to tell.
Our Benefits include:
- Employee Discount
- Generous PTO Allowance
- Energetic & Innovative Culture
- Casual Dress Code
- Tiered Medical/Dental/Vision Plans & Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement