Inventory Planning Analyst (Open to Remote - PA candidates only)
- Department: Planning and Allocation
*The ideal candidate will currently reside in the Greater Pittsburgh, PA metro area, with consideration for candidates up to 90 minutes outside of our Support Center located in Warrendale, PA. This role may occasionally need to attend on-site in our Support Center in Warrendale, PA.
At rue21, we believe fashion should be fun and accessible to all. As a leading specialty retailer, we’re different, we’re unique—just like you. rue21 combines a shopping experience designed to fit the individuality of our customers with a community to foster love, advocate change and empower each other through what we wear and what we do. Join our team and be #YOUinrue.
Living Our Values
Vision: Affordable fashion, accessible to all. Values: Inclusivity: rue21 embraces all of you. We promote individuality and celebrate our differences. All are accepted, respected and welcome. Integrity: We own our words, our actions, and our results. We set our standards high by thinking big. It matters how we show up and how we play the game. Collaboration: Together we are rue21. We listen and support each other and achieve our collective goals together. Curiosity: We don’t ask why; we ask why not? We are agile and are driven by new ideas and original thinking. We are passionate and believe anything is possible. Community: Our power is our people; our community of customers, associates, and partners.
The Inventory Planning Analyst contributes to rue21’s results by analyzing store selling trends and allocating product to support sales and inventory targets. By engaging with cross-functional partners in merchandising, planning and visual they ensure the assortment meets the strategic direction to appeal to our core customer.
What will you do? - Responsibilities
• Commits to supporting rue21's vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their sphere of influence.
• Develop Allocation strategies for replenishment, fashion, and seasonal product. Accurately and efficiently allocate merchandise to stores in appropriate quantities and timing to maximize profit and meet customer demand.
• Identify store outliers and prescribe corrective actions as needed to provide stores with the proper level of inventory.
• Analyze size selling and recommend pack sizes to service customer demand.
• Create assortment plans to ensure choice counts and inventory depth support the store needs and strategic vision of the department.
• Initiate conversation with management and cross functional partners to provide recommendations.
• Support Field teams through top store company initiatives and ongoing analytics.
• Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it.
- Communication – Effectively communicates with CEO, Board of Directors, leadership team, cross-functional peers, and all associates in field, store operations and visual merchandising teams; Actively listens to understand others and ensures the message is understood; Ensures important matters are shared with all appropriate parties; Communicates in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing; Accepts and uses feedback to improve performance
- Collaboration – Demonstrates the desire and ability to work cross-functionally; uses a "we" focused approach; Resolves interpersonal conflicts constructively; Appreciates and leverages the strengths of others to accomplish goals.
- Proves to be an open-minded and inclusive leader.
- Holds Self Accountable – Holds self-accountable for measurable high quality, timely, and cost-effective results.
- People Centric – Exhibits strong listening skills; Has a fast paced, ever changing, people first mentality; Builds positive working relationships with internal and external business partners
- Initiative – Takes a proactive approach and goes beyond what is required to achieve goals
- Deliver – Results driven with high standards; Sets achievable goals, successfully executes, and can articulate solutions in a linear, easy to understand way; Searches for inefficiencies in processes and offers pertinent recommendations to improve
- Evolve – Strives to be original through thought and ideas; Displays genuine excitement around "new"
What do you bring to the table? - Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree
- Previous corporate retail experience: Allocation, Planning, Buying, or Finance
- Engaging interpersonal skills that foster relationships with cross-functional partners. Must be a great listener and appreciate different perspectives while also being able to articulate your own, independent, perspective.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to draw conclusions and create recommendations.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Takes ownership of position responsibilities with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Insatiable curiosity to find innovative ways to improve business results
- Seeks professional development independently; willingly participates in projects not typically within scope of responsibility
- Efficient organization, prioritization, and planning skills
- Microsoft Office suite (high level of Excel proficiency required)
- MID / Logility / JDA / Blue Yonder or other inventory planning and allocation systems
- Reporting tools and systems such as Tableau and Microstrategy
What’s in it for you!
Competitive compensation and bonus plan
Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Generous PTO offerings
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company sponsored Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program - Confidential support programs for associates and families
- 40% off merchandise in stores and on-line
- Perks at Work – Savings program
This summary of benefits is reflective of a range of those available and may not apply to all employees.