Buyer - Pittsburgh Office
- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Merchandising
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
At rue21, we believe fashion should be fun and accessible to all. As a leading specialty retailer, we’re different, we’re unique—just like you. rue21 combines a shopping experience designed to fit the individuality of our customers with a community to foster love, advocate change and empower each other through what we wear and what we do. Join our team and be #YOUinrue.
LIVING OUR VALUES:
Inclusivity: rue21 embraces all of you. We promote individuality and celebrate our differences. All are accepted, respected and welcome. Integrity: We own our words, our actions, and our results. We set our standard high by thinking big. It matters how we show up and how we play the game. Collaboration: Together we are rue21. We listen and support each other and achieve our collective goals together. Curiosity: We don’t ask why, we ask why not? We are agile and are driven by new ideas and original thinking. We are passionate and believe anything is possible. Community: Our power is our people; our community of customers, associates and partners. We care, we connect, we listen and we deliver.
The Buyer contributes to rue21’s results by being responsible for product development/selection, vendor negotiations, department/category strategies, fashion trend/forecasting and key decisions to drive the business in the Merchandising Department. Along with managing all communication of responsible categories with vendors and internal partners.
• Commits to supporting rue21’s vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their team or sphere of influence.
• Coordinates requirements, specifications, timing, and distribution for merchandise selection
• Develop strategies and criteria for negotiations
• Evaluate competitive offerings to determine the overall best offer for a product/service
• Resolve quality problems with suppliers and user departments
• Lead and participate in cross-functional team meetings
• Manage and develop Assistant and/or Associate Buyers
• Develop/manage/evaluate relationships with other internal departments
• Build the Brands in all activities; inclusive of quality and timely execution
• Be customer centric, build the assortment focused around the customers point of view maintaining value and quality
• Maintain and update open-to-buy daily, weekly and monthly.
• Develop and present department/category strategies and assortments to Sr Buyer and Director/VP for alignment and sign off
• Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business or related field
• Five+ years' experience as Buyer
• Prior managerial/supervisor experience
• Prior retail experience preferred
• Partner with planning on creation and management of OTB
• Fashion forward and not afraid to be a trend starter
• Actively participate on Product development process
• Drive fashion trend and evolution of assortment
• Drive e-comm assortment and sales
• Partner with vendors to negotiate on cost, merchandise quality and delivery windows.
• Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it.
• Engaging interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Efficient organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills, and the ability to draw conclusions to make recommendations.
• Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
• Ability to work with and influence senior management
• Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
• Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
• Drive pricing and promotional strategies
•Curate assortment for different subsets of customers and stores
•Bring full vision of product story to life
Please be aware that the Company requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
At rue21 we believe everyone has a voice and a seat at the table. Inclusion is in our DNA, and we embrace each individual’s unique story they have to tell.
Our Benefits include:
- Employee Discount
- Generous PTO Allowance
- Energetic & Innovative Culture
- Casual Dress Code
- 401k Retirement