Sr. Director of Merchandising - Plus
- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Merchandising
At rue21, we believe fashion should be fun and accessible to all. As a leading specialty retailer, we’re different, we’re unique—just like you. rue21 combines a shopping experience designed to fit the individuality of our customers with a community to foster love, advocate change and empower each other through what we wear and what we do. Join our team and be #YOUinrue.
LIVING OUR VALUES:
Inclusivity: rue21 embraces all of you. We promote individuality and celebrate our differences. All are accepted, respected and welcome. Integrity: We own our words, our actions, and our results. We set our standard high by thinking big. It matters how we show up and how we play the game. Collaboration: Together we are rue21. We listen and support each other and achieve our collective goals together. Curiosity: We don’t ask why, we ask why not? We are agile and are driven by new ideas and original thinking. We are passionate and believe anything is possible. Community: Our power is our people; our community of customers, associates and partners. We care, we connect, we listen and we deliver.
The Sr Director of Merchandising contributes to rue21's results by being responsible for all aspects of merchandise selection, vendor negotiation, as well as trend direction for their super division. Management oversight of a 8-10 person team.
• Commits to supporting rue21’s vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their team or sphere of influence.
• Coordinates requirements, specifications, timing, and distribution for merchandise selection
• Develop strategies and criteria for negotiations
• Evaluate competitive offerings to determine the overall best offer for a product/service
• Resolve quality problems with suppliers and user departments
• Participate in cross-functional teams
• Develop effective supplier relationships
• Develop/manage/evaluate relationships with other internal departments
• Coordinate with marketing and visual departments for sales promotion and visual direction
• Strategizes sales and margin opportunities and risks on a quarterly, annual and monthly basis
• Maintain and update open-to-buy daily, weekly and monthly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Merchandising or related field
- Six+ years' experience as manager
- 10+ years of Buying experience
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Ability to work with and influence senior management
- Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
- Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it.
- Engaging interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Efficient organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions to make recommendations.
- Individuals who do well in fast paced environments who are detail oriented and organized.
- Passion for fashion
- Relevancy in pop culture
- Inclusivity: our brand is inclusive and so is our team
- Delivering Results: rue+ is a major growth strategy. Results are expected and this role is highly visible.
- Evolving mindsets: team player who can drive a business forward
Please be aware that the Company requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
At rue21 we believe everyone has a voice and a seat at the table. Inclusion is in our DNA, and we embrace each individual’s unique story they have to tell.
Our Benefits include:
- Employee Discount
- Generous PTO Allowance
- Energetic & Innovative Culture
- Casual Dress Code
- Tiered Medical/Dental/Vision Plans & Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement