Sr. Tax Analyst
- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Finance and Accounting
At rue21, we believe fashion should be fun and accessible to all. As a leading specialty retailer, we’re different, we’re unique—just like you. rue21 combines a shopping experience designed to fit the individuality of our customers with a community to foster love, advocate change and empower each other through what we wear and what we do. Join our team and be #YOUinrue.
LIVING OUR VALUES:
Inclusivity: rue21 embraces all of you. We promote individuality and celebrate our differences. All are accepted, respected and welcome. Integrity: We own our words, our actions, and our results. We set our standard high by thinking big. It matters how we show up and how we play the game. Collaboration: Together we are rue21. We listen and support each other and achieve our collective goals together. Curiosity: We don’t ask why, we ask why not? We are agile and are driven by new ideas and original thinking. We are passionate and believe anything is possible. Community: Our power is our people; our community of customers, associates and partners. We care, we connect, we listen and we deliver.
The Sr. Tax Analyst is a strategic member of Finance. Their analytical mindset and ability to work cross-functionally with business partners helps to achieve optimal results and drive success to the business. The Tax Analyst coordinates corporate federal income and multi-state income tax, state sales tax and local personal property tax compliance in conjunction with third party tax advisors.
· Oversee the preparation of tax provisions along with federal and state income tax return by working with our third-party tax advisors
· Prepare and maintain an annual tax calendar
· Monitor regulatory changes is applicable state and local tax jurisdictions
· Review and analyze monthly sales tax collection and provide data to third-party tax advisors
· Manage and coordinate tax audits
· Coordinate preparation of Business Licenses
· Manage unclaimed property process (escheatment)
· Prepare Personal Property Tax Returns utilizing PTMS Software
· Prepare tax related journal entries and account reconciliations
· Improve processes by developing and/or implementing best practices
· Partner with internal departments on projects and initiatives to ensure proper tax compliance
· Research tax regulations for business partners as required
· Maintain current sales tax data base using Vertex
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Taxation
· 4+ years’ experience in a corporate tax department
· Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
· Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationship with co-workers and cross-functional teams
· Strong professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
· Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
· Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Prior retail experience preferred
· Prior experience with PTMS and/or Vertex preferred
Please be aware that the Company requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
At rue21 we believe everyone has a voice and a seat at the table. Inclusion is in our DNA, and we embrace each individual’s unique story they have to tell.
Our Benefits include:
- Employee Discount
- Generous PTO Allowance
- Energetic & Innovative Culture
- Casual Dress Code
- 401k Retirement