Merchandise Planner - Remote
- Department: Planning and Allocation
As a Merchandise Planner you will contribute to rue21’s results by working closely with the Buying and Allocation teams to develop and review assortment plans and manage OTB strategies. This role works as an integral part of the Merchandising, and Planning & Allocation teams by identifying risks and opportunities and making recommendations to ensure that we are maximizing the profitability of the assortment.
• Commits to supporting rue21’s vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their sphere of influence.
• Develop and maintain merchandise plans for several categories of product.
• Recommend product receipt and liquidation timing actions and strategies to the buying team.
• Deliver financial objectives of the area through accurate and proactive management and forecasting of sales, mark-up and markdowns.
• Provide merchandise analysis to inform and educate executive decision making.
• Collaborate with allocation on the timing and quantity of receipts of new and existing product to flow into the stores.
• Support the department’s weekly reporting needs.
• Open-to-buy ownership including daily, weekly and monthly updates, as needed.
• Active participation in a cross-functional team.
• Five+ years' experience in Planning and/or Allocation in the retail industry.
• People management experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance.
• Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it.
• Coaching leadership style with the ability to inspire career growth and development.
• Quantitative analytical skills.
• Navigation through ambiguity.
• Draw conclusions based on data and make recommendations that achieve financial goals.
• Engaging communication and presentation skills.
• Efficient organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Operate independently while maintaining collaborative partnerships with co-workers and cross-functional teams.
• Ability to work with and influence senior management.
Please be aware that the Company requires employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
LIVING OUR VALUES
Inclusivity: rue21 embraces all of you. We promote individuality and celebrate our differences. All are accepted, respected and welcome. Integrity: We own our words, our actions, and our results. We set our standard high by thinking big. It matters how we show up and how we play the game. Collaboration: Together we are rue21. We listen and support each other and achieve our collective goals together. Curiosity: We don’t ask why, we ask why not? We are agile and are driven by new ideas and original thinking. We are passionate and believe anything is possible. Community: Our power is our people; our community of customers, associates and partners. We care, we connect, we listen and we deliver.
Our Benefits include:
- Employee Discount
- Generous PTO Allowance
- Energetic & Innovative Culture
- Casual Dress Code
- Tiered Medical/Dental/Vision Plans & Life Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits (Pet, Home & Auto)
- 401k Retirement