- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Information Technology
At rue21, we believe fashion should be fun and accessible to all. As a leading specialty retailer, we’re different, we’re unique—just like you. rue21 combines a shopping experience designed to fit the individuality of our customers with a community to foster love, advocate change and empower each other through what we wear and what we do. Join our team and be #YOUinrue.
The Systems Engineer contributes to rue21’s results by providing information technology support and design of the server infrastructure used by rue21 associates.
• Understanding of the Microsoft server platform, Active Directory, Exchange, Azure, VMware and enterprise backups is required.
• Help develop and maintain server recovery plans for all systems to include both a regular backup schedule and tested process for data restoration/disaster recovery.
• Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated plans for system administration and appropriate use.
• Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) and execute them if required.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services and standards to stay current and ahead of the technology changes in the industry.
• Help to establish service level agreements with the business community.
• Work in the planning and design of new systems and infrastructure.
• Perform leadership role with project-oriented tasks; provide direction, guidance and technical assistance to project team members.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases.
• Monitors system utilization while maintaining activity logs. Notifies supervisor of significant problems and recurring errors inside of the operating system stack.
• Certifications are a plus including, but not limited to: MCSE, VCP, etc.
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
• Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation.
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines.
• Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 5 + years preferred supporting Microsoft Windows server architecture including SQL server, Active Directory, Exchange, IIS and Azure
• Minimum of 3 + years preferred supporting Microsoft Azure environment
• Proficient in supporting enterprise backup environments, VXRail architecture, VMware platforms and SAN designs
• Knowledge of enterprise system design and architecture
• Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
• This role will require some work during non-business hours (weekends, holidays, on call rotation)
At rue21 we believe everyone has a voice and a seat at the table. Inclusion is in our DNA, and we embrace each individual’s unique story they have to tell.
Our Benefits include:
- Employee Discount
- Generous PTO Allowance
- Energetic & Innovative Culture
- Casual Dress Code
- Tiered Medical/Dental/Vision Plans & Life Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits (Pet, Home & Auto)
- 401k Retirement