Associate Product Developer
- 810 E Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90021, USA
- Department: Merchandising
The Associate Product Developer contributes to rue21’s results by being responsible for apparel development of selected categories within a value driven, fast-fashion business model. As the liaison between merchandising and vendors, this position collaborates with internal and external partners to achieve the aesthetic and functional vision within the allotted timeframe. The success of this role depends on transparency, speed, and alignment across teams - including your ability to advocate for our customer in all decisions by building trust and loyalty thru standardization, inclusivity, value, and product assurance. In summary, this position drives product integrity and speed to market while influencing multiple business partners.
• Create development tech packs in harmony with established spec and quality standards, building ability to adjust pack information according to fabrication and design influences.
• Commits to supporting rue21’s vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their team or sphere of influence.
• Review samples ahead of the fit session to accelerate the cross-functional review process.
• Align with buyer on fit intent and own model fittings, building expertise in recognizing and solving fit and quality issues.
• Assemble the fit report and provide complete and accurate solutions to factory.
• Issue grading for approved styles and maintain proportions throughout the size-range.
• Identify new spec standards based on trend influences and evolve existing standards in tune with best sellers and customer feedback.
• Own the submit approval process for fabric/trims/prints, encompassing color/registration/scale/placement/functionality. Build POV on execution and initiate the cross-functional review process - expediting approvals through collaboration and resourcefulness.
• Manage TNA to ensure deadlines and deliveries are met - eliminating roadblocks.
• As the primary DC contact, provide vital assistance with navigating, escalating, and resolving bulk issues within the Support Center.
• Attend product share-out and best seller meetings for end to end understanding of themes, fabrics, silhouettes, and selling results.
• Analyze best and worst sellers to hindsight product execution and trending influences.
• Build partnerships by communicating effectively, being proactive, providing feedback, following up, and enforcing accountability.
• Input style status and supporting documentation into the product tracking tool for transparency across departments.
• Organize and maintain fit sample racks, garment paperwork, and fabric library.
• Attend fit model castings and maintain the measurement profile for brand consistency.
• Utilize technology to collaborate between corporate offices and share information efficiently.
• Support ongoing brand innovation and evolution.
• Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it.
• Engaging interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Efficient organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions to make recommendations.
• Task oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and manage up.
• Dependable sense of urgency, ownership, and initiative. Embrace the concept simple + fast = new.
• Team oriented with a resourceful and motivated approach to swiftly support department needs and company directive.
• Collaborative across teams with the ability to positively impact timely resolutions.
• Optimism, resiliency, and openness to new ways of achieving task.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Critical attention to speed and accuracy.
• Maintains professionalism under pressure and while resolving conflicts.
• Delivers transparent communication within a team environment and receives constructive feedback professionally.
• BA Degree in Fashion with 2+ years’ relevant experience in Apparel Product Development or Technical Design field.
• Professionally effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with model fittings, measuring, creating specification sheets and tech packs, grading, and comfort judging print/color.
• Knowledge of different fabrications, apparel assembly and technical terminology.
• Competition and trend awareness with an aesthetic sense and a good eye for proportions and scale.
• Problem solving skills with ability to collect, organize, analyze, and present information in a concise, efficient, and easily understood manner.
• Capacity to discern and apply independent judgement with respect to matters of significance.
• Capable of handling multiple assignments with attention to detail in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to operate independently while establishing effective partnerships with co-workers and internal / external teams.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flex Time
- Over 3 Weeks PTO After 1 Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Merchandise Discount
- Great Work Culture