Assistant Buyer - Warrendale, PA
- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Merchandising
The Assistant Buyer contributes to rue21's results by supporting the Buyers in all product selection, price negotiation and purchasing decisions of the Merchandising Department. Manage formal communication i.e. purchase orders and changes thereon to vendor community.
• Commits to supporting rue21’s vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their team or sphere of influence.
• Process all purchase orders, including coding and communicating the information to vendors.
• Work with vendors and buyers to support negotiation of PO terms including cost.
• Update PO system for retail changes, cost changes and extension dates.
• Intermediary between buyers and vendors on issues including cancellation of orders.
• Maintain and update Open-to-buy/recap sheets daily, weekly and monthly.
• Communicate with Distribution Center on problems related to order shipping issues.
• Analyze reports and make recommendation for merchandise re-orders.
• Review all reports to update Buyers and GMM.
• Order price tickets to be sent to appropriate vendor.
• Answer vendor inquiries.
• Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams.
• Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation.
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines.
• Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t. hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it.
• Engaging interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Efficient organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions to make recommendations.
• One+ year experience in assistant buying preferred
• Buying internship preferred
• Prior retail experience preferred