- 810 E Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90021, USA
- Department: Merchandising
The Buyer contributes to rue21’s results by being responsible for product development/selection, vendor negotiations, department/category strategies, fashion trend/forecasting and key decisions to drive the business in the Merchandising Department. Along with managing all communication of responsible categories with vendors and internal partners.
• Commits to supporting rue21’s vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their team or sphere of influence.
• Coordinates requirements, specifications, timing, and distribution for merchandise selection
• Develop strategies and criteria for negotiations
• Evaluate competitive offerings to determine the overall best offer for a product/service
• Resolve quality problems with suppliers and user departments
• Lead and participate in cross-functional team meetings
• Manage and develop Assistant and/or Associate Buyers
• Develop/manage/evaluate relationships with other internal departments
• Build the Brands in all activities; inclusive of quality and timely execution
• Be customer centric, build the assortment focused around the customers point of view maintaining value and quality
• Maintain and update open-to-buy daily, weekly and monthly.
• Develop and present department/category strategies and assortments to Sr Buyer and Director/VP for alignment and sign off
• Partner with planning on creation and management of OTB
• Fashion forward and not afraid to be a trend starter
• Establish yourself as Denim expert, on all up and coming denim trends
• Actively participate on Product development process
• Drive fashion trend and evolution of assortment
• Drive e-comm assortment and sales
• Partner with vendors to negotiate on cost, merchandise quality and delivery windows.
• Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it.
• Engaging interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Efficient organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills, and the ability to draw conclusions to make recommendations.
• Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
• Ability to work with and influence senior management
• Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
• Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
Degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business or related field
• Five+ years' experience as Buyer
• Prior managerial/supervisor experience
• Prior retail experience preferred
• High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications