- 810 E Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90021, USA
- Department: Merchandising
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
The Assistant Trend Forecaster contributes to rue21’s results by assisting in creating detailed presentations to guide rue21’s buying teams, describing the current style and color direction the company is implementing. This position reports into the Trend Manager and is located in our Los Angeles office.
• Commits to supporting rue21’s vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their team or sphere of influence.
• Communicate with trend forecasting & buying teams to understand the overall trend and color strategy that rue21 will be implementing by season, brand or style.
• Assist in compiling the color / print direction for seasonal trend packages by researching & forecasting current fashion trends / colors.
• Support Trend Forecasters in pulling inspirational images, fabric swatches, and colors in order to create trend & mood boards that help define seasonal direction and suggestions for the Buying teams.
• Assist with WGSN trend reports and questions from Buying teams as necessary.
• Research multiple fashion sources & social media accounts to stay current on emerging trends.
• Assist with identifying rue21’s key looks & must-have items across all categories each season – girls, guys, and accessories.
• Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it.
• Efficient organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions to make recommendations.
• Engaging interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skill.
• Market awareness and understanding of fashion designers, blogs, competitive retailers and trend required.
• Must be flexible and adapt well to fast paced, rapidly changing work environment.
• Can have the ability to research and track the latest trends.
• Show passion about creating product.
• Having strong knowledge of fabric/trims and garment construction.
• Being extremely detail-oriented and excited to apply this to product.
• You are a collaborative team player with the ability to lead others through change while achieving and maintaining results.
• Influence peers and business partners to achieve business results.
• Degree in Product Development, Fashion Merchandising or similar discipline
• Internship in Fashion highly desired
• 0-1 year of experience in related field
• Ideal candidate would have, stylist, Influencer, fashion blogging or design background
• Trend Analysis experience preferred
• Able to Identify social and cultural influencers
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flex Time
- Over 3 Weeks PTO After 1 Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Merchandise Discount
- Great Work Culture