Director of Customer Strategy
- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Marketing
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
The Director of Customer Strategy contributes to rue21's results by playing a pivotal leadership role within the Marketing organization. You will provide expertise and leadership to define and implement meaningful customer relationship strategies that successfully build profitable, long-term relationships across all channels in a way that speaks to the rue21 customer.
The ideal candidate will be customer obsessed and skilled at developing strategies to inspire customer engagement, drive the loyalty program and continually finding new ways to maximize the rue21 customer lifetime value. You will lead the development of inclusive strategies rooted in business and brand goals, customer data and channel-level best practices. You will also provide strategic direction into the data and technology needed to support the implementation and execution of the CRM strategy. The ideal candidate must be process-driven, organized and able to translate complex data into cohesive strategies and stories. This position is based in our Warrendale, PA office.
• Help us define the overall vision, strategy and roadmap for customer relationship marketing
• Drive the strategy for our loyalty program to deepen relationships with customers, focusing on growing high-value customers and maximizing lifetime value
• Lead cross-functional efforts and develop strategies to drive acquisition and retention
• Assess current programs to determine their fit/evolution into the new CRM vision and roadmap
• Leverage insights to develop data-driven marketing strategies that deliver incremental ROI against business objectives
• Develop and optimize personalized customer lifecycle journeys across different life stages. Lead customer segmentation, predictive modeling, journey mapping and nurturing
• Innovate through robust test & learn roadmap and customer learning agenda
• Create reporting dashboard to measure the overall health of customer file
• Maximize the performance of our e-mail channel with sound segmentation, timing, frequency and messaging decisions
• Oversee e-mail briefing process, ensuring clear actionable guidance is provided to creative team and that customer insights & mindset are embedded into each brief
• Lead marketing for payment options and collaborate with cross-functional partners to develop marketing support to maximize usage
• Build, lead and inspire team
• 10+ years of relevant experience in direct marketing, database marketing, Loyalty or CRM
• Experience with a customer data platform (CDP) and email service provider (ESP) required
• Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it.
• Insatiable curiosity and passion for customer insights.
• Proven ability to distill complex information and use data to craft a story.
• Engaging interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Efficient organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions to make recommendations.
• Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working partnerships with co-workers and cross-functional team.
• Proven ability to work with and influence senior management.
• Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Coaching leadership style with the ability to inspire career growth and development.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Microsoft Office required.
• Salesforce experience preferred.
We are innovative and energetic. Inclusion is in our DNA and we recognize everyone's unique story they have to tell.
Some of our benefits include...
- Employee Discount
- Great Work Culture
- Casual Dress Code
- Generous PTO allowance
- Tiered medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- 401k retirement