Legal Assistant - TEMP
- 810 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Human Resources
- Regular/Temporary: Temporary
At rue21, we believe fashion should be fun and accessible to all. As a leading specialty retailer, we’re different, we’re unique—just like you. rue21 combines a shopping experience designed to fit the individuality of our customers with a community to foster love, advocate change and empower each other through what we wear and what we do. Join our team and be #YOUinrue. #rue21 #pittsburgh #fashion #jobsinfashion #wearehiring
The Legal Assistant contributes to rue21’s results by supporting the Legal team’s administrative, reporting, and communication needs. This role represents the Legal team with both internal and external client groups and interacts with multiple levels of the organization. The Legal Assistant reports to the General Counsel and is located in our Warrendale, PA office. This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform multiple assignments satisfactorily, work well under pressure and have the flexibility to meet deadlines. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Commits to supporting rue21’s vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their sphere of influence.
• Support Legal Dept in multi-faceted and complex short- and long-term projects.
• Work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members in a fast-paced environment. Manage litigation and discovery requests as necessary.
• Support Legal Dept in working with cross-functional/cross-departmental project teams and communication with members of functions/departments outside of the Legal Department.
• Communicate effectively and timely, both orally and in writing, with all members of the Legal Department. Actively listen, and problem solve with minimal assistance.
• Work with extreme accuracy, attention to detail, a sense of urgency, and sensitivity to meeting deadlines.
• Contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive attitude/behavior, and effort to achieve goals and objectives.
• Review and revise reports, memos, and contracts based on matter specification and attorney requests.
• Collaborate with internal and external parties on contract review and management.
• Manage and update document/contract management systems and report on any contract milestones.
• Assist attorneys in all legal practice areas as needed (i.e. commercial, real estate, intellectual property, privacy, employment, etc.).
• Conduct legal/factual research on Lexis/Westlaw.
• Review and analysis of laws, regulations, and policies on legal matters across the company.
• Create and manage quarterly, monthly, and ad hoc reports.
• High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent, required.
• Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
Competitive Benefits Package
Over 3 Weeks PTO After 1 Year
Casual Dress Code
Great Work Culture
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.