Associate Merchandise Planner
- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Planning and Allocation
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
The Associate Merchandise contributes to rue21’s results by collaborating with the Buying and Allocation teams to develop and review assortment plans and manage OTB strategies. This role identifies risks and opportunities and makes recommendations to ensure that we are maximizing the profitability of the assortment.
This position reports to the Manager of Merchandise Planning and is located in our Warrendale, PA office.
• Commits to supporting rue21’s vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their sphere of influence.
• Develop and maintain merchandise plans for assigned categories of product.
• Make recommendations to the buying team on product receipt and liquidation timing.
• Ensure delivery of the financial objectives of the area through accurate management and forecasting of sales, mark-up, and markdowns.
• Develop and deliver merchandise analysis to educate and guide executive decision making.
• Partner with allocation on the timing and quantity of new and existing product receipts to flow into the stores.
• Support the department’s regular report cadence.
• Manage all cycles of the open-to-buy pre-season, daily, weekly, and monthly, as needed.
This position provides opportunities for advance in planning and allocation, and other areas of the company based on qualifications and experience.
• Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it.
• Engaging interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Efficient organization, prioritization, and time management skills.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions to make recommendations.
• Participate on a cross-functional team.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 3+ year experience in Merchandise Planning and/or Allocation
• Prior retail experience including Store Manager.
• Microsoft Office Required
We are innovative and energetic. Inclusion is in our DNA and we recognize everyone's unique story they have to tell.
Some of our benefits include...
- Employee Discount
- Great Work Culture
- Casual Dress Code
- Generous PTO allowance
- Tiered medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- 401k retirement