- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Information Technology
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
At rue21, we believe fashion should be fun and accessible to all. As a leading specialty retailer, we’re different, we’re unique—just like you. rue21 combines a shopping experience designed to fit the individuality of our customers with a community to foster love, advocate change and empower each other through what we wear and what we do. Join our team and be #YOUinrue. #rue21 #pittsburgh #fashion #jobsinfashion #wearehiring
At rue21 Data Architect for Business Intelligence will build, deploy and support EDW/BI/Analytics components to address reporting and analytical needs of the organization. As a hands-on enterprise Data architect, you will help lead the effort to create and execute the enterprise Data strategy focused on driving value from our Data. You must have experience in retail Data architecture and BI/Analytics systems and its underlying processes and infrastructure. This role will lead the Data and Analytics activities including requirements gathering, design, development and implementation of Data structures and applications to meet the BI & Analytics needs of the entire organization.
• Commits to supporting rue21's vision, mission, and values of an inclusive environment and sets an example for their sphere of influence.
• Great teammate. You know how to work with and influence those around you, and you don’t hesitate to roll up your sleeves and help when others need it.• Gather requirements, perform analysis, and prepare documentation for assigned projects.
• Work with business and IT teams and provide technical support to develop and refine Data structures and analytic applications specifications.
• Drive solution design sessions to translate business requirements into logical and physical system designs for complex projects as they relate to the data ecosystem.
• Understand the source systems, data structure and types for data being interfaced to the BI analytics platform
• Provision Data from source systems into various layers of the Enterprise Data architecture and corresponding Analytics tools to support specific analytic requirements and applications.
• Provide support and technical guidance to resolve issues. Ensure documentation and proper on-call support.
• Note: This is a hands-on position. Data Analytics/SQL/and BI tools are your friends and you used them daily.
• Engaging interpersonal and presentation skillsA willingness to learn new technologies and to solve business problems.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, planning, and prioritizing
• Ability to identify usage scenarios and patterns for BI solutions with retail in mind.
• Ability to deliver assigned work tasks within project timelines.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical business partners in both written and verbal communication.
• Ability to speak with business customers to understand and define a problem.
• Ability to use problem solving skills to identify alternative solutions and approaches to a problem.
• Ability to estimate task completion time with reasonable accuracy.
• 7+ year of retail and Data/BI experience.
• Strong systems architecture background, with emphasis on Business Intelligence solutions.
• Strong understanding of Data management principles.
• Expertise in Data flows, Data design, and Data optimization.
• Expertise in modern enterprise Data Warehousing solutions.
• Expertise in modern enterprise BI/Analytics reporting solutions.
• Expertise with SQL, SQL scripts, and Data analysis.
• Experience with retail industry, with focus on analytics, architecture and BI.
• Experience with both relational and dimensional databases.
• Exposure to Cloud integration technologies and cloud service providers a plus (AWS, Google, Azure, etc.).
• Exposure to ETL tools such as Mule, SSIS and IBM DataStage.
• Exposure to working with offshore teams, third party and vendors, and service desk support.
We are innovative and energetic. Inclusion is in our DNA and we recognize everyone's unique story they have to tell.
Our Benefits include:
Generous PTO Allowance
Energetic & Innovative Culture
Casual Dress Code
Tiered Medical/Dental/Vision Plans & Life Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (Pet, Home & Auto)