Product Developer - LA Office
- 810 E Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90021, USA
- Department: Merchandising
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
The Product Developer is responsible for end to end apparel development within a value driven, fast-fashion business model. As the liaison between merchandising and vendors, this position closely collaborates with internal and external partners to achieve the aesthetic and functional vision within the allotted timeframe. The success of this role is dependent on transparency, speed, and alignment across teams. Advocate for our customer in all decisions, building trust and loyalty thru standardization, inclusivity, value, and product assurance.
This position drives overall product integrity and speed to market.
- Engineer tech packs for internal development focusing on cost effectiveness with ‘right-first-time’ fit and quality considerations.
- Evaluate samples ahead of the fit session to accelerate the cross-functional review process.
- Align with buyer on fit intent, and lead model fittings by identifying problems and providing solutions to fit and quality issues.
- Assemble the fit report with ‘one-and-done’ fit goals by communicating complete, accurate and concise solutions to factory.
- Leverage spec/quality standards to provide a deliberately consistent product, and proactively evolve these standards to improve execution, encompass new trends, and positively influence customer loyalty.
- Issue grading for approved styles and ensure proportions are maintained throughout the size-range.
- Oversee the submit approval process for fabric/trims/prints, encompassing color/registration/scale/placement/functionality. Form POV on execution and lead the cross-functional review, using influence to expedite approvals through collaboration and resourcefulness.
- Manage TNA to ensure deadlines and deliveries are met and take a proactive As the primary DC contact, provide vital assistance with navigating, escalating, and resolving bulk issues within the Support Center.
- Attend product share-out and best seller meetings for end to end understanding of themes, fabrics, silhouettes, and selling results.
- Analyze best and worst sellers to hindsight product execution and trending influences.
- Build partnerships by effectively communicating, being proactive, providing feedback, following up, and enforcing accountability.
- Input style status and supporting documentation into the product tracking tool for transparency across departments.
- Organize and maintain fit sample racks, garment paperwork, and fabric library.
- Lead fit model castings and maintain the measurement profile for brand consistency.
- Utilize technology to collaborate between corporate offices and share information efficiently.
- BA Degree in Fashion with 4+ years’ relevant experience in Apparel Product Development or Technical Design field.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Professionally effective communication skills.
- Experience with knits/wovens fittings, apparel assembly, PD development and technical terminology, and comfort judging print/color.
- Expertise with creating measurement and construction specs for a wide variety of fabrications and silhouettes.
- Competition and trend awareness with an aesthetic sense and a good eye for proportions and scale.
- Capable of handling multiple assignments with attention to detail in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to operate independently while establishing effective partnerships with co-workers and cross-functional teams.
- Support ongoing brand innovation and evolution.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flex Time
- Over 3 Weeks PTO After 1 Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Merchandise Discount
- Great Work Culture