HR Business Partner Corporate Office
- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Human Resources
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
he Director, HR Business Partner serves as a strategic partner/consultant focused on driving business success and works directly with senior leadership, managers, and colleagues to deploy HR solutions. They leverage business group knowledge to identify and implement HR related improvement opportunities across the corporate functions that they support. The role will be a collaborative and trusted partner advisor to their clients while executing HR strategies to develop talent, workforce planning, colleague engagement, support organizational design initiatives and effective business performance.
The HR Business Partner provides a tactical focus and perspective on local talent pipeline supply and demand needs, provide guidance and counsel to associates, managers and leaders on performance and development activities, and support associate relations action.
Understand the business strategy and help drive key HR programs within a home office to further the business objective
Applies consulting skills to support the business functional areas.
Maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position and midrange plans.
Partners closely with leadership or managerial teams to improve the effectiveness and performance of both individuals and teams
Assist in building and executing workforce and leadership succession plans including an overview and assessment of current talent
Establish credibility throughout the organization in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues
Act as change agent for senior management in the development of solutions through organizational development and cultural and process-orientated perspectives.
Partner with and coach business leaders and their leadership teams to implement optimal organization structures at all levels of the business
Provides day-today performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
Collect, analyze, and articulate business requirements and challenges, and translate them into executable HR initiatives
Drive HR program and service delivery effectiveness and collaborate with HR Functions (compensation, benefits, associate relations, HRIS) to deliver effective HR solutions aligned to business strategies
Leads the performance management, talent review and compensation process across the business (using the tools provided), including identifying high performing leaders and ensuring development plans are in place.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated understanding of business strategy
- Ability to build deep and influential business partnerships throughout the organization by demonstrating an understanding of business fundamentals and decision-making processes
- Strong analytical abilities to illustrate HR’s impact on the organization
- Embraces change and views challenges as business opportunities
- Ability to confidently facilitate conversations between people with differing views and backgrounds
- Ability to develop trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results at all levels
- Ability to modify own behaviors and approaches to address diverse needs and audiences
- Ability to breakdown complex situations into individual components and understand the interrelationship between these components
- Demonstrated success working in complex organizations and be able to flex in the support required for business segments, distribution centers or home offices
- Able to appropriately push back and challenge the status quo
- Proven experience as an HRBP
- Creative problem solver; ability to navigate through complexity; strong systems thinker who can operate across the organization
- Must possess impeccable integrity, good judgement and professionalism
- Retail experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree in business or HR related areas preferred
- 8+ years of experience
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flex Time
- Over 3 Weeks PTO After 1 Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Merchandise Discount
- Great Work Culture
*rue21 will not be accepting applications submitted through search firms for this position. All qualified candidates must submit their own applications to be considered for this position.