Senior Inventory Control Associate
- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Finance and Accounting
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
The Senior Inventory Control Associate is responsible for maintaining accurate systemic inventories at assigned rue21 store locations, as well as supporting Finance, Store Operation and Loss Prevention teams. Other accounting or transaction processing duties may be assigned as required.
- Manage Store physical inventory processing; scheduling, auditing and applying Store count adjustments accurately and timely.
- Guide and assist Stores with planning, preparation and execution of physical inventories.
- Prepare and report Store Inventory Results to Management.
- Reconcile daily, and weekly, inventory movements for all store locations- shipments, transfers and adjustments.
- Prepare related month end journal entries.
- Prepare annual budgets for inventory related accounts.
- Complete various transactions in rue21 Inventory System to ensure accurate and updated inventory.
- Maintain clear communication with Stores, Loss Prevention and Store Operations teams to promptly resolve inventory reconciliation discrepancies and issues.
- Enforce Company policies and procedures related to the control and management of inventory.
- Perform special projects to support Manager, Inventory Control, Finance Management or others, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business- Accounting or Finance preferred
- Two to three years of related, relevant experience
- AS400 experience a plus; including Island Pacific and Lawson Accounting
- Prior Retail Industry experience preferred
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel) and Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving and presentation skills
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment; encouraging feedback and innovation
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flex Time
- Over 3 Weeks PTO After 1 Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Merchandise Discount
- Great Work Culture