Lead Solutions Engineer
- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Information Technology
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
This position within rue21 IT presents a unique opportunity to get in on the ground level within a well-established retail company. This role will be instrumental in defining the strategy, choosing vendors, and architecting the new infrastructure ecosystem. Also, the Lead Solution Engineer will provide guidance to Senior Management on building out the development and support team that will utilize this ecosystem to build modern applications for rue21.
- Listen to business needs, craft solutions and roadmaps to those solutions, and deliver with outstanding customer service.
- Work with a team and help lead as well as contribute back to that team.
- Implement high quality code in an agile, test-driven development environment.
- Create detailed software development plans and assign development tasks to team members.
- Scope development effort and provide reliable resource and timeline estimates.
- Coach and mentor development staff.
- Perform performance and scalability analysis as needed.
- 8+ years of experience in software development (computer science)
- Strong track record of helping teams deliver modern web and mobile solutions using modern tools, frameworks, and agile methods.
- Experience with IT architecture, infrastructure, and cloud development
- Skilled in engineering and software architecture design
- Passionate about business analysis
- Strong understanding of DevOps
- Experience with project and product management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related technical field) or equivalent practical work experience
- Background in architect level roles and in working with product management on defining and building software from the ground up
- Excellent communication skills
- Deep analytical skills
- Has led a digital transformation
- Enjoys staying up to date on modern software development technology, tools, and process
- Desires hands-on experience with users—where you can make a difference everyday
- Enjoys technology-based hobbies outside of work
- Considers consulting across a wide domain of cutting-edge technology a key ingredient to job satisfaction
- Continuous learner who has recently read, watched, and listened to material related to the field of software development
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flex Time
- Over 3 Weeks PTO After 1 Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Merchandise Discount
- Great Work Culture