Director Store Design, Construction and Facilities
- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Construction
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
The Director of Store Design, Construction and Facilities in the Supply Chain Department is driven. They will lead the new and existing design and construction projects including facility management for rue21. The Director of Store Design, Construction and Facilities will work closely with cross functional partners internally and externally and provide leadership direction to internal teams and outsourced vendors in order to achieve goals and objectives.
- Responsible for budgeting, scheduling, facilities management and reporting
- Contract negotiation
- Ensures code and compliance to all new store construction, and existing store renovation projects
- Manage Construction from floor plan design through construction and close out documents.
- Manage outside design firms including architectural and engineering partners.
- Source and manage outside General Contractors
- Source and Manage outside Facility specific vendors
- Manages all construction material lead times and construction schedules.
- Create budgets through specific interaction with landlords and Outside Real estate partner to be reviewed and approved by the executive real estate committee.
- Work closely with real estate to help establish site selection for existing store remodels
- Review all lease language as it relates to construction activity for each project.
- Act as the liaison between rue21 and the landlord to develop deal terms for each specific project
- Assess the quality of work done by Contractors in and out of the rue21 Support Center
- Explores ways to improve sustainability in store designs
- Ensure monthly budgets are met for construction and facility work
- Work closely with operations in developing schedules and delivering stores on time for opening.
- Leads, directs, evaluates and mentors all direct reports
Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, business administration or design related field
8+ years of related experience
Contract negotiation and industry networking
Grow internal design team
Lead by example
Retail experience is a must for this position
Experience using supplier or third-party management software tools
Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
Strong, professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flex Time
- Over 3 Weeks PTO After 1 Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Merchandise Discount
- Great Work Culture