Sr. Manager of Merchandise & Corporate Systems
- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Information Technology
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
rue21 is looking for a highly qualified Sr. Manager of Merchandise and Corporate Systems who can oversee the day to day operations of our merchandise and corporate systems team. This individual will identify and provide recommendations for system enhancements and solutions that drive stability that align with critical business needs and the company’s strategic roadmap. This role is responsible for the functional expertise and thought leadership in support of the development and execution of the systems strategy and vision for all Merchandise and Corporate Systems at rue21.
- Act as the strategic partner and thought leader to a number of functions at rue21 including Merchandising, Planning and Allocation, Supply Chain, HR, Finance/Accounting regarding core systems.
- Direct tactical and strategic initiatives/projects including the development of comprehensive project plans, definition and tracking/reporting of success criteria, managing budgets and changes in project scope, identifying potential issues, and developing contingency plans.
- Manages the annual operating plan and budget which includes prioritization and setting customer expectations.
- Responsible for management of a diverse portfolio of projects and applications covering many business areas represented in Merchandise and Corporate Systems.
- Lead organization through systems implementations, enhancements, upgrades, and critical stabilization efforts by managing system administration, and the development/adherence to best practices and adoption/change management
- Ensure the core merchandise and corporate systems and supporting infrastructure are working as expected and meeting the businesses expectations.
- Build, manage and maintain partner and vendor relationships required to deliver and maintain products and services as well as to provide innovative solutions to the organization
- 5+ years direct work experience in an Inventory Management/Planning capacity in Retail and exposure to multiple Inventory/ Planning/ Forecasting/ Replenishment systems
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems
- Experience with Island Pacific, Lawson Financials, Maple Lake, MID a plus
- Extensive experience in multiple and/or large scale enterprise projects including systems implementations within the context of a retail environment or commensurate business experience
- Omni-Channel experience preferred
- Prior retail experience preferred
- Superior analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills are essential
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, applied math; advanced degree preferred
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flex Time
- Over 3 Weeks PTO After 1 Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Merchandise Discount
- Great Work Culture