Sr. Business Systems Analyst - Store Systems
- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Information Technology
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
The Senior Store Business Systems Analyst is responsible for partnering with business teams and IT colleagues to support process improvement through technology solutions that drive the growth and objectives of rue21. The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for leading the support, maintenance, and training on multiple retail systems; primarily in-store systems, sales audit, and loss prevention systems. The Sr. Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for following the Software Development Life Cycle to assist the business in defining, testing, and implementing technology solutions.
- Understand existing business processes and problems; lead the development of new and improved business processes; define solutions based on leveraging the process and data flow
- Lead working sessions with key business and technical team members for the purpose of defining functional requirements and expected outcomes.
- Direct solution vendors and partner with the business to translate business requirements into functional/technical specification or source system analysis documents
- Provide analysis and guidance as an in-house subject matter expert for assigned projects
- Serve as the primary interface to vendors and lead them to successful delivery of software solutions
- Develop and execute detailed test plans for unit, system, and user acceptance testing
- Respond to ad hoc analysis requests and supervise the work of test team members as they validate test cases and resolutions
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC
- Lead application troubleshooting. Provide incident support and problem solutions.
- Complete all other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required
- 7- 10 years’ business systems analyst experience in a corporate IT environment
- Retail industry knowledge required, including experience with retail POS/payment systems and mobile inventory solutions. Workforce management knowledge is desirable.
- Passion about understanding business data and researching the data using SQL to create actionable insights.
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and effectiveness at influencing business partners
- Strong, professional, and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines
- Leadership skills and the ability to develop less experienced team members
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flex Time
- Over 3 Weeks PTO After 1 Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Merchandise Discount
- Great Work Culture