- 800 Commonwealth Dr, Warrendale, PA 15086, USA
- Department: Information Technology
- Regular/Temporary: Regular
The Data Architect/BI will build, deploy and support EDW/BI/Analytics components to address reporting and analytical needs of the organization. This role works with Data/BI and Data science team. As a hands-on enterprise Data architect, you will help lead the effort to create and execute the enterprise Data strategy focused on driving value from our Data. You must have experience in retail Data architecture and BI/Analytics systems and its underlying processes and infrastructure. This role will lead the Data and Analytics activities including requirements gathering, design, development and implementation of Data structures and applications to meet the BI & Analytics needs of the entire organization.
- Gather requirements, perform analysis, and prepare documentation for assigned projects.
- Work with business and IT teams and provide technical support to develop and refine Data structures and analytic applications specifications.
- Drive solution design sessions to translate business requirements into logical and physical system designs for complex projects as they relate to the data ecosystem.
- Provision Data from source systems into various layers of the Enterprise Data architecture and corresponding Analytics tools to support specific analytic requirements and applications.
- Provide support and technical guidance to resolve issues. Ensure documentation and proper on-call support.
- Note: This is a hands-on position. Data Analytics/SQL/and BI tools are your friends and you used them daily.
- 7+ year of retail and Data/BI experience.
- Strong systems architecture background, with emphasis on Business Intelligence solutions.
- Strong understanding of Data management principles.
- Expertise in Data flows, Data design, and Data optimization.
- Expertise in modern enterprise Data Warehousing solutions.
- Expertise in modern enterprise BI/Analytics reporting solutions.
- Expertise with SQL, SQL scripts, and Data analysis.
- Experience with retail industry, with focus on analytics, architecture and BI.
- Experience with both relational and dimensional databases.
- Exposure to Cloud integration technologies and cloud service providers a plus (AWS, Google, Azure, etc.).
- Exposure to ETL tools such as Mule, SSIS, or Informatica.
- Exposure to working with offshore teams, third party and vendors, and service desk support.
- A willingness to learn new technologies and to solve business problems.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, planning, prioritizing & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify usage scenarios and patterns for BI solutions with retail in mind.
- Ability to deliver assigned work tasks within project timelines.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical business partners in both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to speak with business customers to understand and define a problem.
- Ability to use problem solving skills to identify alternative solutions and approaches to a problem.
- Ability to estimate task completion time with reasonable accuracy.
- Effectively work in a collaborative environment across functional teams.
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flex Time
- Over 3 Weeks PTO After 1 Year
- Casual Dress Code
- Merchandise Discount
- Great Work Culture