Desktop Support Technician
- Al Khobar Saudi Arabia
RAWABI Holding Company
Operating in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East for over 30 years as one of the leading industrial players in the region and has activities in construction & engineering, oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities, power & electrical, telecommunication & IT, trading, and manufacturing. RAWABI Holding Company comprises various subsidiaries and several associated companies.
- Works with other desktop support technicians to install, configure, and troubleshoot computers and other related peripherals and software as directed by the Professional Services Unit Head.
- Supports in the rollout of new hardware and software across the organization.
- Performs hardware upgrade, new installation, de-installation, moves, addition and changes.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot basic hardware problem(s) and PC network connectivity problems.
- Prioritizes and ensures all user requests are resolved according to the departmental guidelines, using available tools, and ensures the Help Desktop System data is kept up to date and is accurate.
- Manage replacement parts inventories to meet service level agreements with vendors.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for future purchases.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment to ensure desktop/laptop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including file servers, email servers, application servers, and network administrative systems.
- Write technical documents and procedures when necessary.
- Update assigned tickets on a daily basis so everyone within the IT team knows of the progress.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his/her direct manager
- Bachelor or Diploma in IT technical or related field.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience in an IT support function
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) is a must – MCSE is a Plus.
- Hardware configurations and setup expertise.
- Excellent configuration knowledge of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Applications.
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops & Laptops.
- Has general knowledge of Antivirus applications.
- Experience in troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems, scanners, faxes, and copiers.
All your personal information will be kept confidential.
P.O Box 79800