Chief Officer - "Wadaef 2019"
- Al Khobar Saudi Arabia
Rawabi Vallianz Offshore Services (RVOS) is an equally shared joint venture company between Rawabi Holding and Vallianz Holdings Limited of Singapore. Rawabi Holding has built a solid network of business relationships and expertise in Oilfield Services and Contracting & Industrial Services in the GCC region, particularly Saudi Arabia, over the last three decades; while Vallianz has a proven track record as a provider of a full range of Offshore Engineering, Procurement, Installation, and Construction (EPIC); Marine; and Subsea Support Services to the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry. Thus, RV OS is able to effectively harness individual strengths to provide synergistic and seamless services to the industry.
The main purpose of the Chief Officer’s job is to manage all operations onboard the vessel as directed by the Vessel Master
• Oversees and ensures efficient operations of RVOS vessel and assists in vessel navigation, procurement of required material, inspections, and reporting, etc.
• Responsible of the implementation of the planned maintenance of the vessel hull and deck machinery and equipment’s
• Organizes and holds vessel safety training for crew members, lifesaving equipment use, people, cargo, vessel property rescue, controls emergency teams and groups, directly manages crew member’s actions in vessel damage control
• Ensures vessels’ certifications are up to date and that vessels meet the classification society and flag state requirements
• Manages and conducts all external and internal inspections and surveys and ensures vessel is prepared for such activities
• Provides appropriate technical exploitation and keeping in order hull, decks, superstructure, vessel compartments and modules
• Plans and controls vessel operations and dispatches deck duties
• Provides in time vessel receiving, storage and expenditure
• Keeps records of technical conditions under his supervision, and prepares maintenance registers; provides trainings, drills, surveys
• Updates and maintains all navigation charts
• Ensure all newly arrived crew members attend a safety orientation induction
• Reports and log all accidents/incidents in accordance with client’s policies
• Deputizes for the Master in his absence or if he is unable to perform his duties through accident or illness
• Administers and maintains the medical welfare of the ship's complement
• Provides preparation of loading equipment and compartments for cargo loading; checks the readiness with deck crew and Chief Engineer
• Promotes and disseminates a positive health and safety culture and ensures the health, safety and welfare of self and others
• Ensures employee health and safety programs and guidelines are developed, regularly maintained, implemented and complied with
• National Certificate of Competency (Unlimited Master’s license) plus all applicable STCW 95 certificates
• Diploma from an accredited maritime training school or facility
• Minimum three years’ experience as a Second Officer aboard a vessel
• Supreme leadership and decision making skills along with ability to work under pressure in multicultural environment
• Computer literacy, including knowledge of MS office applications and basic software applications .ERP knowledge is a plus.
• Previous experience in the GCC is a plus, especially if the experience was in Saudi Arabia
• English fluency is a must; Arabic language is a plus
All your personal information will be kept confidential.
P.O Box 79800