Production Unit Head (Electrical) - "Wadaef 2019"
- Dammam Saudi Arabia
Rawabi Electric Com
Rawabi Electric, a fully owned subsidiary of Rawabi Holding, was founded in 1982 as Remal Electric to offer innovative power and automation solutions.
As a leading provider of power and automation solutions in Saudi Arabia and the GCC to various sectors for nearly 30 years, we have accumulated a wealth of field knowledge and know how, setting us apart from our competitors. We believe nothing can last better than relations built on trust, commitment and voluntary cooperation.
Field proven know-how is jointly built between esteemed partners and an enthusiastic and dedicated team. Strategic alliances and partnerships with world leaders in their industries provide Rawabi Electric with unmatched capabilities. The synergetic outcome is a first class competitive offering.
We will continue to create value combining our past experiences with future innovations, and combining our passion with opportunities presented to us, while managing the underlying risk.
- Job Purpose
The main purpose of the Production Unit Head’s job is to plan, direct, monitor and develop RE’s production activities to maximize the use of the company’s resources and meet established targets in terms of production specifications, schedules, volume, cost, wastage, and quality
- Reviews, analyzes, plans, coordinates, and leads all activities within the production department
- Ensures the development and planning, as well as the execution of production schedules across all units within the Production Department
- Oversees the coordination and timely execution of RE’s Sales and Operations Planning (SOP) and Master Production Scheduling (MPS)
-Ensures the development and coordination of systems that provide reliable and cost effective products with minimum quality control review, repair, scrap, and warranty expenses
- Analyzes production, maintenance, and malfunction records to identify problems and recommend solutions (for example changes to procedures, workflow, or equipment) that will improve performance
- Ensures the proper usage, calibration and maintenance of RE’s factory equipments
- Oversees the planning and timely execution of the factory maintenance program
- Is actively involved in the introduction of new products planning and products improvements
- Manages the implementation of effective quality assurance and safety assurance on the production floor
- Develops and institutionalizes RE’s data, know-how, and capabilities in production
- Identifies and tracks KPIs for production processes, and devises plans and initiatives for improvement
- Provides support for the professional development/training of staff reporting directly to him, including conducting performance appraisal of all staff reporting to him
- Leads, directs, evaluates and develops the Production team to ensure that the objectives are reached
- Is responsible for the development, performance appraisal and succession planning of all direct and indirect reports
- Promotes a highly effective management and leadership style in line with the Company’s values and that supports the achievement of its strategy and objectives
- Identifies potential successor for his/her position; oversees and implements developmental plans for identified successors
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his/her direct manager
- Communications and Working Relationships
- Advises the DGM and/or GM on all strategic and operational decisions related to production
- Interacts with and manages direct reports and operational issues on a daily basis related to production
- Interacts with the Production Department Unit Heads on production related issues, including developing and updating the Master Production Scheduling (MPS)
- Interacts with the various Departments Manager on developing and updating the Sales and Operation Planning (SOP) and on identifying and defining new product needs / updates / improvements
Interacts with Managers and Unit Heads in Head Office to resolve certain issues
- BS in Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Strong knowledge of production equipment, systems, tools, production processes and methods
- Strong knowledge of productivity principles and practices, continuous improvement principles, quality tools
- Preferably exposed to labor relations, materials / supply chain, COGS calculations, and lean production
- Working knowledge of the manufacturing industry. (Exposure to the electrical products industry and affiliates is preferred, but not necessary)
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, problem solving and team building (PSTB), and analytical skills
- Minimum 8 years experience in production and management functions, in a company comparable or larger than RE
- Previous work experience in the GCC and in Saudi Arabia is a plus
- Computer literate
All your personal information will be kept confidential.
P.O Box 79800