- Al Khobar Saudi Arabia
(RUSS), a joint venture between Rawabi Holding and United Safety International, is a leading provider of H2S Safety Equipment, Breathing Air Safety Systems and H2S Safety Specialist expertise in the regional Oil & Gas Industry.
Since its establishment in 2002, RUSS has been managing the H2S Services Contract for Saudi Aramco covering to date 800+ sour well locations both onshore and offshore.
Roles & responsibilities for this position , but not limited to, are
Develop Health and Safety Management Plan and oversee implementation of the same.
· Conduct safety inspections/audits, occupational health
· surveys and surveillance and field auditing for compliance.
· Devise and implement Emergency Response and Rescue Plan.
· Inspection & approval of new equipment at vendor’s site.
· Conduct investigation of all accidents/ Occupational health issues and suggest recommendations.
· Development and implementation of Site H2S contingency plans.
· Monitoring activities during critical operations and activities.
· Maintains site access control as required by the project.
· Analyze and perform all onsite project services including personnel resources, equipment installations
· hazard assessments, crew orientations, training, & drills.
· Ensures quality of project equipment and personnel by conducting ongoing inspections, tests and audits. Maintains equipment inventory & operability in accordance with the manufacturers’ and company instructions, training and established quality control program.
· Provide technical expertise on QHSE related matters to the organization to safely execute the operational demands as required.
· technical expertise on safety related to the operation modules, maintenance department and project group by consulting on work permitting issues, including hazardous work and confined space entries and participating in issuing permits as required.
· Consult on other safety related issues, including interpretation of safety procedures and regulations.
· Conduct H2S Training/Courses and Dummy Drills at plants.
· Participate project meetings.
· Carrying out of plant safety audit & work permit audit.
· Develop safety training programs and train field personnel as required.
· Support the emergency response team during plant emergencies, to include field tactical activities during emergencies.
· Develop mitigation strategy for onsite and offsite impact consideration during emergencies, and manage logistical support needs for the Emergency Response Teams, etc.
· Responsible to be active on-scene participant & leader of emergency mitigation efforts.
· Maintain client safety management system documentation including procedures and record.
Communications and Working Relationships
· Passion - really believe in what you do, and be strongly committed to improving the safety culture.
· Patience - be prepared to answer lots of questions from those who don't share your vision (well, not just yet).
· Professional - be sought by management for your input and advice, be respected for your knowledge, act as a role model, and link HSE strategies to business (value-adding). Credibility is one of the keys to effective management. The Safety Officer needs to be someone whose advice is appreciated at all levels of the organization because it is practical and improves outcomes.
· Priority - act with urgency, and complete tasks.
· Persistence/Perseverance - challenge non-compliance, and do not let the actions of others slip by.
· Performance/Proactive - get things done/take action/have a go, pursue best practice, have good ideas (problem solving), and be reliable.
· Bachelors Degree / Diploma Degree in Relevant Field. (High School might be accepted with an excellent experience.
· Holding NEBOSH IGC Certification is mandatory.
· Deep knowledge of drilling operations
· Personnel Protection Strategy & Equipment Deployments.
· Full Understanding of the Rig components and well operations.