2nd Engineer (Saudi Nationality- Marine)
- Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Rawabi Holding Company
Operating in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East for over 30 years as one of the leading industrial players in the region and has activities in construction & engineering, oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities, power & electrical, telecommunication & IT, trading, and manufacturing. RAWABI Holding Company comprises various subsidiaries and several associated companies.
The main purpose of the 2nd Engineer’s job is to ensure accident free technical maintenance of vessels and equipment’s; and to establish vessel technical services
• Acts as Watch Officer Engineer in the engine control room overseeing the operation, maintenance and repairs of subordinate engineers and engine ratings members of the cruise ship's engineering team
• Manages the maintenance and repairs of the main and auxiliary engines and their belonging systems and equipment, ship's plants for fresh and sea water, boiler plant with related systems and equipment, emergency generators with their related systems, steering gear, stabilizers, propeller shafts, stern tubes, bow thrusters, pneumatic valves with all belonging systems and equipment
• Responsible for the maintenance of the ship's safety and emergency equipment - watertight, fire and splash doors; lifeboats, life rafts and rescue boats winches; tender boats, lifeboats and rescue boats engines etc.
• Monitors fuel, lubricants, water supplies and maintenance supplies
• Plans and provides technical training for the junior personnel
• Controls the quality of the equipment maintenance provided by organizations and vessel specialists
• Promotes and disseminates a positive health and safety culture and ensures the health, safety and welfare of self and others
• Ensures employee health and safety programs and guidelines are developed, regularly maintained, implemented and complied with
• Identifies any Health, Safety or Environmental risks and recommends and implements measures and solutions to mitigate these risks
• Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his/her direct manager
• STCW-95 approved 2nd Engineer unlimited Certificate of Competency is a must
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a second engineer on board vessels
• Degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering from accredited maritime school or equivalent
• Previous experience in the GCC is a plus, especially if the experience was in Saudi Arabia
• English fluency is a must; Arabic language is a plus
All your personal information will be kept confidential.
P.O Box 79800