Desktop Support - Saudi Nationals Only
- Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Rawabi Holding Company operating in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East for over 30 years as one of the leading industrial players in the region and has activities in construction & engineering, oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities, power & electrical, telecommunication & IT, trading, and manufacturing. RAWABI Holding Company comprises various subsidiaries and several associated companies.
1. Job Purpose:
- The main purpose of the Desktop Support role is to be responsible for installing, maintaining and troubleshooting all computer hardware and software, and other electronic devices within the organization. Working either over the phone, through remote desktop, by e-mail, or face-to-face with employees, he/she will answer the technical questions of all end users, and escalating them to higher-ups if required.
2. Principal Accountabilities:
- Works with other desktop support technicians to install, configure, and troubleshoot computers and other related peripherals and software as directed by the Professional Services Unit Head.
- Supports in the rollout of new hardware and software across the organization.
- Performs hardware upgrade, new installation, de-installation, moves, addition and changes.
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot basic hardware problem(s) and PC network connectivity problems
- Prioritizes and ensures all user requests are resolved according to the departmental guidelines,
using available tools, and ensures the Help Desktop System data is kept up to date and is accurate.
- Manage replacement parts inventories to meet service level agreements with vendors.
- Assesses functional needs to determine specifications for future purchases
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment to ensure desktop/laptop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including file servers, email servers, application servers, and network administrative systems.
- Write technical documents and procedures when necessary.
- Update assigned tickets on a daily basis so everyone within the IT team knows of the progress
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his/her direct manager
Qualifications, Experience and Skills :
- University Degree or 2-3 years Diploma in IT technical related field.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) is a must – MCSE is a Plus.
- Minimum03 to 4 years of experience in an IT support function.
- Hardware configurations and setup expertise.
- Very good configuration knowledge of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Applications Suite, especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience installing software, patches, updates on Desktops, Laptops.
- General Antivirus applications knowledge.
- Experience troubleshooting basic network, software, printing problems, scanners, faxes, copiers.
- Must be able to lift up to 25Kgs.
- Must be willing to acceptbeing re-assigned to other company’s locations (Other business units), whether temporarily or permanently.
- Self-starter, ability to multitask, with little direct supervision, in a team environment.
- High level of commitment and positive attitude on achieving both departmental and business objectives.
- Fluent in English – Arabic language fluency preferred.