- Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Rawabi Holding Company
Operating in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East for over 30 years as one of the leading industrial players in the region and has activities in construction & engineering, oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities, power & electrical, telecommunication & IT, trading, and manufacturing. RAWABI Holding Company comprises various subsidiaries and several associated companies.
Sr. Intervention Supervisor
Oiltools, Intervention, Remediation & Solutions
1 Reporting line
The Intervention Supervisor will report directly to the location specific Operations Manager/Supervisor.
The Intervention Supervisor evaluates conditions of oil or gas wells and directs use of specialist Intervention and Remedial tools and techniques to effect solutions in a down-hole environment. This includes scenarios which are planned and also unplanned/unforeseen events. Confers with client representative to gather information regarding relevant data pertinent to the conditions of the wells, in order to facilitate solutions and select appropriate tools and techniques. Directs the drilling crew in order to ensure that tool limitations are not exceeded and provides guidance and supervision in the use of specialist tools. Ensures that operations under his/her direction fulfil the company and client QHSE requirements. Prepares reports of services rendered, tools used, and time required, to serve as basis for billing the customer. Promote and sell company’s technology. Provide direction to rig crew in installation of down-hole equipment. Updates Job Performance Database after every job.
3 Key responsibilities
This role will be required to:
• Job holder must be familiar with, and perform, their duties according to Archer current conditions and policies, as described in the company's governing documents and laws and agreements that apply within the work areas.
• Confers with client representative to gather information regarding relevant data pertinent to the conditions of the wells, in order to facilitate solutions and select appropriate tools and techniques.
• Provide supervision and guidance on the operation of company, clients and rig contractors equipment utilised in the performance of operations under company control.
• Directs drilling crew to safely pick-up, make-up of operation specific tools and related BHA’s.
• Direct drilling crew to safely break out and lay down operation specific tools and related BHA’s.
• Report daily operations to office.
• Input job performance into data base.
• Prepares reports of services rendered, tools used, and time required to perform job.
• Completes all paperwork required to invoice the customer.
• Coaches and mentors less experienced Field Supervisors/Operators/Trainees.
4 Previous Experience and Competencies
• Education: Diploma in an engineering based subject advantageous but not mandatory. Preference is for extensive field experience in multiple varied scenarios and locations.
• 10+ years Oil & Gas experience
• 7+ years field experience as a Fishing and Intervention Tool Operator / Supervisor
• Comprehensive knowledge of Drilling/Workover and Abandonment operations
• Comprehensive knowledge of above in different operating environments (Platform, Jack up, Submersible type rigs) including deep-water offshore operations
• Specific knowledge of tools and equipment to be used in Open, Cased Hole and Thru-Tubing Intervention operations, including side tracking equipment and techniques
• Specific knowledge in Thru-Tubing work-over operations including milling, under-reaming, cutting and coil-tubing conveyed thru-tubing fishing systems would be advantageous
• PC proficiency in email, Word and Excel.
• Decision making and problem-solving skills
• Communication - verbal & written
• Confidence and Leadership
• Team oriented
• Performance and Success driven
6 Limits of authority
Full responsibility for all operational activities within the philosophies and constraints laid out in the job description.
The company reserves the right to amend or change the activities listed, taking into account the job holder’s qualifications and experience to enable the business needs to be met.
Archer UK Limited
Archer House, Main Road
Blackburn, Aberdeen, AB21 0BP
There may also be a requirement to visit and work at other company locations.
All your personal information will be kept confidential.
P.O Box 79800