- Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
RAWABI Holding Company
Operating in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East for over 30 years as one of the leading industrial players in the region and has activities in construction & engineering, oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities, power & electrical, telecommunication & IT, trading, and manufacturing. RAWABI Holding Company comprises various subsidiaries and several associated companies.
• Position requires thorough knowledge of instrumentation design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD and graphics skills. Responsible to plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices standards.
• Instrument drawings, data sheets, I/O wiring diagrams, P&IDs, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs.
• Project controls, cost estimates, quantity takeoffs and manpower requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders
• Requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a solid knowledge of principles and practices of related technical areas.
• Requires a broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials, and the economics involved.
• Performs assignments independently with instruction as to the general results expected and with guidance from Department Manager and or engineering specialist on unusual or complex problems.
• Provides technical direction and on-the-job training to Drafters, Designers, and less experienced Engineers.
• Assigns and coordinates work to Drafters, Designers, and Engineers.
• Assume the lead engineer’s role on assigned projects.
• May serve as Project Engineer and as a designated Client contact on smaller, less complex projects.
• Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate program of assigned engineering work and projects.
• Assist in selection of discipline personnel assigned to projects.
• Ensure proper interdisciplinary coordination and effective communication on projects.
• Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other data to plan and design work.
• Assemble bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages.
• Review bid analyses and make recommendations.
• Requires extensive and independent contact with Clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel. Attend and participate in Client and Management meetings.
• Direct and/or participate in job site visits to collect or deliver design and engineering data.
• Use engineering and design computer software to complete assigned work.
Communications and Working Relationships
• Reports to GVP Oilfield services / General Manager / Deputy Manager / Operation Manager
• Coordinate with the staff and various departments for day to day operational Issues.
• Interface with clients and foreign partners.
• Interact with managers of various Business units and top management.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and qualifications
• Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, and over seven years of experience with advance knowledge in instrumentation engineering, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education; or
• Master of Science degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, and over six years of experience with advanced technical knowledge in instrumentation engineering, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education; or
• Affiliation with Saudi Council of engineering.
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• AutoCAD familiarity.
• BATC Safety Training.
• Experience in working with multiple discipline projects with BioProcess and/or Petrochemical Clients.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
• Licensed PE or EIT is preferred.
• Knowledgeable with ISA Standards.
• Familiarity with industrial computer systems, motor control, PLCs and DCSs.
• Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
• Background screening including previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record verification.
All your personal information will be kept confidential.
P.O Box 79800