Well Testing Supervisor
- Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
RAWABI Holding Company
Operating in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East for over 30 years as one of the leading industrial players in the region and has activities in construction & engineering, oil & gas, petrochemical, utilities, power & electrical, telecommunication & IT, trading, and manufacturing. RAWABI Holding Company comprises various subsidiaries and several associated companies.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
(State briefly why the job exists)
To ensure all customer expectations are fulfilled at the well site through effective communication and support of the customer, supervision of Rawabi - Cetco crew, equipment and regular communication with Rawabi - Cetco General Manager
(Describe the important end results of the job, i.e., what has to be achieved and why. Start with the most important and number each one separately))
1. Ensures a safe and healthy environment at the worksite through the effective application of the Company's HSEQ systems.
2. Completion of all HSEQC and Operational Documentation required to be completed during and after each Well test operation and delivering the same to the General Manager for his review.
3. Overall responsibility for running the job at the well site and safe and effective management of any change.
4. Establish and maintain an effective relationship with the well site customer representative to ensure good two way communication and customer expectations are clearly understood and carried out.
5. Provide supervision of the crew to ensure that all personnel in the crew have the appropriate level of supervision, knowledge and understanding of the tasks to be performed.
6. Ensure coaching and development of the crew.
7. Provide the planning necessary for the job including equipment set-up, well site direction and customer-related support activities.
8. Perform cleaning, operational testing and pressure testing of equipment during the pre-job procedures
8. Prepares and packs ancillary equipment to be used for the job
9. Performs pre/post job equipment inspections
10. Performs and completes preventative maintenance procedures for all of the equipment on location
11. Assembles and prepares equipment for installation and service
12. Ensures that at rig down, clean up and preparation for the next job is effectively completed
13. Ensures completion of all required documentation relating to equipment and personnel in the course of the operations performed.
14. Ensures the customer is satisfied with the service provided including the accuracy of all data and reports provided.
15. Evaluates crew member performance during the job.
16. Supports company strategies for maintaining and improving business by promoting Cetco capability with the Customer representative.
17. Identifies and communicates opportunities for business growth to onshore management, acting as the company representative at the worksite.
18. Attend/chair all pre job safety meetings
(Show job titles and under c), indicate briefly the purpose of each job))
a) Immediate Supervisor(s) Line: General Manager
b) Other jobs reporting to the same supervisor: None
c) Immediate Subordinates: Junior Operators, Operators, Senior Operators, Night Shift Supervisor
(Record any significant quantities on which job has some effect, e.g. budget or turnover, records processed, employees supervised. Where appropriate, express annual figures and indicate the year to which they relate.
Supervision of up to 10 crew. Responsible for service delivery at the well site to customer expectations and without harm to people or the environment.
Job Context and Main Activities:
(Outline the context in which the job operates and record the types of activity involved in achieving principal accountabilities:
Safety and Service Quality:
The position is responsible for delivering safety and service quality at the worksite. The position must actively monitor the ongoing activities to ensure that acceptable standards are maintained. Where risks are identified the position must ensure that these risks are addressed and mitigated. Duties include:
• Ensuring that employees, contractors and visitors are aware of the work plan, hazards, relevant HSEQ procedures and standards including risk assessment and worksite inspections
• Ensuring adequate instruction and supervision to ensure that work is conducted without harm to people or the environment
• Establishing that all equipment, plant and substances used are suitable for the task and are kept in good working condition
• Assist in taking immediate and appropriate steps to investigate and address any risks to people or the environment arising from the work activity
• Ensuring that all incidents are properly recorded and reported and that an investigation is carried out to establish and rectify root causes
• Bringing to the prompt attention of senior management any HSEQ issues that require attention (regardless of client pressures)
• Ensuring that quality of service is of a high standard and that all required performance improvement reports are completed after each job
Ensuring that operations are delivered to meet client expectations and objectives
Complying with the agreed programme, delivering contractual requirements and meeting agreed performance levels.
Being proactive in highlighting areas for improvement and supporting the client with lessons learned
Leading by example
Effectively managing personnel to deliver project activities
Completing required Personal Assessments and receiving post job feedback from the General Manager
Ensuring completion of end of operation job tickets/time sheets with customer approval
Ensuring company owned equipment is looked after and third party equipment is returned to base after use
Notifying the General Manager of items damaged and documenting these events
Seeking opportunities to assist the customer and to provide additional Rawabi - Cetco services
Decision making Authority/Level of Supervision Required:
Position has ultimate responsibility for safety and quality decisions on site with support of General Manager. Decisions out with established work practice to be referred to General Manager for discussion and resolution.
(Who are the job holder’s most important contacts and for what purpose? Consider both external and internal contacts, excluding immediate supervisor and subordinates, but including personnel at other locations , if appropriate)
Customer Representative – to ensure delivery of service meets expectations and to develop business
Crew members and contractors – Interaction, support, organisation and supervision
(Identify the most complex or demanding aspects of the job)
Effectively performing the tasks to meet individual, client and Company expectations
Ability to work under pressure with differing priorities
Working environment changing due to weather, and / or well conditions
Operating in remote and potentially hostile environment locations
Ability to work at height
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
(Indicate minimum knowledge, essential background qualifications, education, and experience necessary to perform the job competently)
Completion of primary/high school / and or post high school qualifications ( Degree )
Completion of training requirements established by global or local management
Completion of competence requirements as a Senior Operator and Night Shift Supervisor demonstrated ability to perform in role
Good interpersonal, mentoring and training skills
Self-motivated and work independently with no or minimal management supervision
Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations and all well testing calculations
Advanced reading comprehension, writing skills and calculator skills required
Computer skills including MS Office and company Well Testing Software
(Technical skills, Specialized Training or Defined Competencies as outlined in Cetco Competence & Training System)
Separator Assessment All Operations Modules Completed
Sand Management Assessment All Basic Maintenance Modules Completed
Operations Assessment 5 – 10 Years’ Experience in Well Testing
Advanced Maintenance Assessment
Health and Safety:
Please highlight if the role is a Safety Critical Position as per the following definition:
A role is defined as Safety Critical where Employees, through any improper use of substances (as defined by the Substance Abuse Policy) may affect the health and safety of themselves and/or their colleagues in their work area.
Safety Critical Role – Yes
All your personal information will be kept confidential.
P.O Box 79800