Technical Team Lead
- 8640 Elm Fair Blvd, Tampa, Florida
Our client is a well established and leading provider of Contextual Intelligence and Network Security Orchestration in support of BYOD and IoT enabled enterprises. Our client securely and efficiently automates BYOD by combining real-time, context-aware and simplified access control architecture, remote cloud-managed support services, and customer centric business philosophy to enable customer freedom.
The Technical Team Lead provides hands-on leadership for the Customer Support team— acting as a player-coach. The specialists and engineers on this team are responsible for all aspects of customer technical support as listed below.
Our client is a customer centric organization and as such prides itself on providing great customer support. This is a differentiator for our client compared to their competitors. As such, the ideal candidate will share a passion for providing great customer support. At the high-level, this position requires a passion for security and networking technology and helping customers apply that technology. Our client's customers are expert security and network professionals, they know their “stuff” and are responsible for large networks used by tens of thousands of users, and therefore, they have high expectations we must live up to. You, therefore, must have high expectations of yourself and those you are mentoring.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Hands-on direction of Customer Support ensuring customer issues are quickly and efficiently addressed to the satisfaction of the customer
• Guide the teams in collecting and monitoring key performance metrics and the necessary process changes required to drive improvement
• Guide these teams cross-functionally as they interface with the rest of the organization to:
o Ensure customer issues are properly escalated to the development and networking teams as required.
o Provide input to release planning to help prioritize, define, and review planned product and services improvements (support Product Management)
o Work with the QA, the development team, and early adopters from the customer base to ensure the smooth release of new versions of the solution
o Ensure executive management is kept appraised of any emerging risks, metrics, and progress toward communicated goals
• Own the technical and professional development of the team members—help ensure team members know what they need to know to help the customer and how best to help them
• Update on-call duty roster on a quarterly basis, and ensure the off-hours incidents are handled promptly
• BA/BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 3+ years’ experience leading teams focused on software support and/or service
• 6+ years’ total experience in a support or services role assisting customers in the deployment or operation of an enterprise software solution
• Technical background including:
o Networking and network management (CCNA a plus) o Linux operating system
o Linux server life-cycle management
o Relational databases o Security best practices and an understanding of related software and appliances
• Experience with issue tracking and CRM software such as Jira Service Desk and Salesforce
• Experience in a sales-facing support role is a plus
In addition, the benefits are some of the best in Tampa Bay which includes Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance Plan options, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, 401K Retirement Plan, Life Insurance, Equity Participation, Vacation, Sick and Holiday Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
EEO Guidelines are followed