Office Manager/Medical Assistant
- 1216 Farmington Ave, West Hartford, CT 06107, USA
A well-established West Hartford, Connecticut practice renowned in endocrinology medicine.
Seeking an Office Manager/Medical Assistant single provider practice. The Office Manger must be experienced delivering the highest of customer service standards for patients, families and office staff. Responsible for the day-to-day operations, administration and ensures steady workflow and that the office runs smoothly.
- Responsible for obtaining insurance authorizations, pre-certifications and clearances
- Screens telephone calls for referral to physician
- Ensure all MACRA/MIPS Reporting Measures are documented and attested for on an annual basis
- Manage multiple disciplines – Medical Assisting/Triage, Check-in/Check-out, Verification of Benefits, Authorizations, Billing Entry
- Managing medical records and systematic paperwork for each patient
- Maintain a smooth, efficient flow of administrative operations, ensuring that patients are served as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Orders and maintains clinical and office supplies and equipment
- Follow and enforce company policies and procedures
- Keep current and changes in employment and privacy laws, HIPAA requirements and other relevant laws and regulations as related to medical office operations.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the facility
- Oversees equipment and ensures that it works properly
- Perform data entry and processing
- Develop and implement office policies and procedures
- Ensures that educational pamphlets and brochures of services are readily available for patients.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a medical office environment (front)
- Experience with MACRA/MIPS/Meaningful Use Attestation
- Minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience
- Preferred 2 – 4-year college education
- Preferred medical billing & collections background
- Preferred knowledge of healthcare insurance
- Must have reliable transportation as errands may need to be run on a daily basis, ie bank, office supply store, etc.
- Firm grasp of medical terminology, diagnosis and procedures
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Must be flexible/eager to aid ALL staff in accomplishing goals as a team
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent telephone skills
- Must have excellent computer skills that include but not limited to Microsoft software
- Outstanding listening skills
- Positive, friendly, approachable disposition
- Ability to work with multiple priorities
- Continuous walking, standing about throughout the work shift
- Frequently bends, kneels and crouches
- Stooping and bending to files, supplies, mobility to complete errands
- Repetitive movements of hands, fingers and arms for typing and/or writing during work shift
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positons objects weighing 10-20lbs
- Continuous use of the telephone to verbally speak to patients, insurance companies and/or assigned by the Physician
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to handle stress
- Will view computer screens for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work standard office equipment: computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc
- Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation
This is a great opportunity with a renowned West Hartford, CT Practice with great benefits and an environment that exudes a positive, respectful, and supportive culture.
Competitive Compensation Package
Salary commensurate with experience