Content Writer / Creator
Want to deliver tech with purpose, with people who care?
Use your marketing skills to help keep children safe online.
Who we are?
We are a technology company that exists to protect and support every child's digital journey. Leveraging our industry-leading technology, we are currently protecting 25,100 schools and 22 million children worldwide. We’ve grown fast - we’re ASX-listed (QOR: AX) and currently have 550 employees. Our corporate headquarters is located in Australia, with operations in the US, New Zealand and Europe (United Kingdom & Spain). We’re all proud of our incredible journey so far...and the best is yet to come. That’s where you come in!
What’s the opportunity?
.We are seeking a talented and creative Content Writer/Creator to join our team. As a Content Writer/Creator, you will be responsible for producing high-quality written long and short-form content that engages and educates our target audience. Your primary focus will be on creating compelling and informative articles, whitepapers, blog posts, social media content, website copy, and other written materials. The ideal candidate has excellent writing skills, a strong understanding of content strategy, and the ability to adapt their writing style to different audiences and platforms.
Here’s how you’ll do it:
- Content Creation: Research, write, edit, and proofread various types of content, including whitepapers, articles, blog posts, website copy, social media posts, and promotional materials, while ensuring accuracy, clarity, and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Content Strategy: Collaborate with the marketing team to develop content plans and strategies that align with our brand goals, target audience, and SEO best practices.
- Audience/Persona Research: Conduct thorough research on industry-related topics and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments to create content that resonates with our target audience.
- Content Promotion: Collaborate with the marketing team to promote content through various channels, including social media platforms, email campaigns, and other digital marketing initiatives.
- Editing and Proofreading: Review and edit content for grammar, punctuation, style, and consistency to ensure high-quality standards are met.
- Content Management: Organise and maintain a content calendar, manage content repositories and ensure content is properly categorised and tagged for easy retrieval and distribution.
- Collaboration: Work closely with our global design team, and other cross-functional teams to create engaging content that supports overall marketing campaigns and initiatives.
- Content Performance Analysis: Monitor content performance metrics, such as engagement, reach, and conversion rates, and provide insights to optimise future content strategies.
- Continuous Learning: Stay updated with industry trends such as KCSIE, content marketing best practices, and new technologies to enhance content creation and distribution techniques.
What will you bring?
- Proven experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter, or similar role.
- Able to write both long and short-form copy
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of content strategy and audience targeting.
- Familiarity with HubSpot, Wordpress, SEMRush and Google Keyword Planner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment, meet tight deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams at all levels.
- Creativity and the ability to think strategically to create compelling content that drives engagement.
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in a similar role
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong typographical skills
- Strong proofreading skills
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Ability to manage a demanding workload in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment including fast response to immediate requirements from the business
Why choose Smoothwall by Qoria:
In this role, you can expect:
- Employee stock options
- Enhanced holiday & family leave
- Tech Allowance
.... and much more
More importantly, you’ll:
- Deliver tech with purpose...
As part of our Marketing team, your work truly matters. Your creativity, organisational skills and understanding of our tech customers’/clients’ needs will help grow and nurture our membership. This means helping more children stay safe online.
- With people who care...
You’ll work among a tight-knit team of creative professionals who share your passion for enabling safe online environments. We all take ownership of our work, end to end. And at the same time, we really care about growing and winning together.
- Through work that you love...
You’ll get to work on content and campaigns with real-world impact. And along the way, you'll be exposed to modern technologies and processes, in a fast-paced and supportive learning environment.
- And a career that you own.
There’s a place for everyone’s unique skill set within our agile marketing team. You’ll have the opportunity to refine your skills on the job through a range of exciting projects. Critically, you’ll attend marketing conferences, paid for by us. And as you grasp these many opportunities, you’ll carve out an outstanding career.
We’d love to hear from you. Please submit your application if you would like to be considered for this opportunity.
At this stage we are only accepting applications from those with full working rights.