Supervisor, Client Operations
- 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
Who is Starcom:
As the Human Experience Company, we are a global media agency that believes in the alchemy of people and technology to create experiences people love and actions brands need. It’s in our DNA. We’re powered by the strength of our innovative, driven and intelligent people who are deeply passionate about achieving best-in-class results on behalf of our clients – some of the world’s leading marketers.
We value you and the work you do. We work hard, but also enjoy scores of perks rooted in our legacy of having one of the strongest agency cultures. Our top-notch health insurance plans and very generous paid time off allow you much-needed time to recharge and achieve the work-life balance you need to bring your absolute best self to work.
Our Client Operations Department manages client-specific operational tasks across virtually every practice area within the agency, including: Strategy, Investment, HR, Finance, Invoice Reconciliation, and Agency Administration & Compliance. We centralize and standardize fundamental work required across all pieces of business as well as bring tactical and detail-oriented work streams together to find smarter, faster ways of working. We create a space for those whose strengths include being highly organized problem-solvers. We help differentiate Starcom from our competitors, and provide a critical foundation to new hires within the company, prior to potential rotations to other practice areas.
What you’ll do:
- Project management
- Process improvements
- Best practice sharing
- Quality assurance
- Reporting & Compliance
- Supervise 1-4 Associates
- Work hand-in-hand with Associate Director on team roles and responsibilities, and prioritizing key projects across the team
- Manage Associates’ workload
- Lead Associates’ career development via teaching tasks and coaching skills
- Connect with Strategy and Investment peers on account-specific requests
- Oversee & manage Financial tasks:
- Centralizing buy authorizations
- Compiling ordered vs. approved reports
- Preparing billing and budget documents
- Answering internal & client questions related to media billing and budgets
- Ensure compliance for tasks such as:
- Managing client-specific billing procedures
- Product codes and other systems work
- Create/enforce workflows & processes such as:
- Billing verification process project management
- Manage competitive data and assemble competitive reporting process
- Ensure accuracy of data pulls from various systems (Nielsen, MRI, Media Tools, TARDIIS)
- Compile, or guide team members in compiling, client-specific reporting (e.g. publisher spend, modeling data, diversity reporting)
- Offer administrative support, training and trouble-shooting for Media Tools and other agency systems
- Participate in and/or lead team meetings, coordinate social events client-related functions
- Assist with global billing and reporting, depending upon the client
- Provide support on new business pitches, as needed
What you’re like:
- Able to balance numerous, simultaneous work streams
- Aligned with taking the time to teach others how to do something vs. doing it for them
- Motivated to ensure a competent team, who has fun while achieving accomplishments
- Organized, detail-oriented, good with time management, obsessed with accuracy, a strong critical thinker, and able to juggle multiple tasks.
- Good at building relationships – a creative problem solver, a customer service expert, a great team player.
- A strong communicator – able to write clearly, speak professionally, and translate data analysis into insights that can be acted upon by strategists, planners, and buyers alike.
- Excited by the idea of diving deep into data, including new technologies where benchmarks are just beginning to emerge.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Applied Mathematics or related.
- Proficiency in making progress/completing work, even with overlapping deadlines
- An individual who equally cares about his/her own career as well as the Associates
- The ability to rock the Microsoft Office suite, particularly PPT and XLS (where filtering, pivoting, and charts and graphs building are key)
- Quantitative and analytical skills, yet willingness to embrace a role that requires a mix of art and science.
- Experience developing and presenting your thoughts and ideas.
- Brave voices who will suggest new ideas and challenge the status quo, but can also help carry out the smart ideas of others.
- Someone who likes to thrive on a team, yet can also meet tight deadlines on independent assignments.
- A team player who enjoys learning, and is willing to lean in to new opportunities…with a smile.
- A future Associate Director with us.
About Starcom Worldwide
Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, we believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world's leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe [Euronext Paris FR0000130577, CAC40], and has offices within Publicis One.
Starcom is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.