Global Digital Operations Director
- Wood Ln, London W12, UK
We think big. And act bigger. Stay versatile and interconnected. We approach everything with an inventive spirit and rigorous mindset. Individually we’re great, but as a team we’re unstoppable. Together, we seek out opportunities, frame problems and solve complex challenges. Our collective brilliance exposes breakthroughs. Our capability unleashes creativity. We pursue a new perspective and deliver a new kind of ROI.
Zenith Global are the central team, primarily based in London, supporting our local Zenith markets, leading new business efforts, developing thought-leadership, and driving network development for our 250 offices across 95 countries with over 8,000 staff worldwide.
We house a large team of multi-faceted communications planners, digital and innovation specialists and client leadership teams. Our global client portfolio comprises a range of category leaders including Reckitt, TikTok, Edrington, Coty, Electrolux and Nestlé.
Wella Company is one of the world’s leading beauty companies, comprised of a family of iconic brands such as Wella Professionals, Clairol, OPI, Nioxin and ghd. The brands focus both on the direct consumer and is also active in the B2B space, targeting professional hair stylists.
We are setting up new Operating model for Wella Company. This role will be pivotal in delivering this successfully. We are very excited to take Zenith- Wella partnership to the new level learning from other client groups while creating a unique operation focused on best in class delivery.
Our team mission is to create Wella as the number one team to work for – a destination client by creating together an environment that fosters:
- Proactivity & curiosity
- “Can do” attitude
- Knowledge sharing & cross pollination
Our values are
- Supporting and Respectful
- Allows for opportunity for all
- Everyone contributes to the team – all work is important
- Integration of teams (global, local, PGD)
- Grow client relationship and grow team together
- Best in class work – promote innovation and testing and learning
- Not afraid of challenge and change
The Global Digital Operations Director is responsible for leading the operational excellence for Wella Operational Powerhouse that consist of specialists in offshore hubs as well as data and digital experts in London.
This role ensures the process runs smoothly, the teams are following the guidelines and WOW, campaigns go live on time, reporting is produced timely and has clear insights and recommendations for future improvements and is responsible for the quality assurance process.
Working closely with the digital performance team, network director and strategy lead, the candidate will shape and deliver the operational needs for the digital teams and provide direction and optimisation for new operational processes.
The areas of focus for this role will be as follows:
CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT / DELIVERY:
Assist the Campaign Management team in the management and flow of campaign briefs for digital buying (programmatic, paid search and social) globally. This management of the project will be done on JIRA platform allowing the monitoring of the progress across all aspects of campaign delivery (from brief through to optimisation and reporting).
- Build a strong relationship and remain in regular communication with key local markets on campaign management progress and overall servicing to ensure high satisfaction.
- Work in collaboration with activation specialists to ensure all channel activations are connected properly in terms of audience sharing where relevant.
- Working alongside channel leads, develop and oversee continued advances in campaign best practice and operations to drive improved service, output, and performance.
- Monitor closely the pace of optimisations to guarantee the highest levels of optimisation around campaign management.
- Monitor monthly efficiency and effectiveness per channel ensuring the Hub delivers continued performance against pre-defined performance benchmarks.
- Make sure campaigns are live on time and obtain resource to troubleshoot any issue.
- Help define & deliver the automation agenda around digital activation.
- Help deploy the relevant automation tools driving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Look for new partners (internal & external) who can help further the automation agenda.
- Support on data governance to ensure data quality for campaign reporting is 100%.
- Oversee inputs of media plans into TukTuk planning platform and ensure quality and integrity of data as well as timely updates.
HUB TEAM MANAGEMENT:
- Monitor team members in digital hub on quality of work, timeliness of delivery and overall happiness on team (ensure workload is balanced across hub team members).
- Develop and oversee PCA and other reporting delivery ensuring consistent performance insight and storytelling, pull channel experts as required to lift the story.
- Help define training plan for 100% certification on key platforms and ensure channel specialists become performance experts over time.
- The main point of connection between hubs in India, Colombia, and Argentina.
- Ensure there is an ongoing 14 hours of cover during the day between the two hubs, ensuring the teams in two hubs are set to pick-up each over campaigns or trouble shoot if needed.
- Support Network and Digital directors on getting new markets onboarded.
- Initiate and lead regular sessions between Zenith Global, Hubs and Zenith Global teams.
PLANNING SUPPORT & BEST PRACTICES
- Compile market learnings for top markets and present to local client and agency teams showcasing tests, value, efficiency, and effectiveness delivered by the Hub (quarterly).
- Organise regular meetings with planning and performance team to share best practices.
- Oversee and manage all channel best practice and WOW documentation, communicate, and where required present changes to local agency teams.
We are looking for an ambitious, proactive curious and experienced digital operations specialist. They will be highly organised, able to work independently on projects where needed but also enjoy working within a team that has a strong, collaborative working ethos. They will be able to demonstrate experience of managing and developing a team, work at a fast pace and alongside multiple stakeholders and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Experience in managing offshore teams is beneficial.
- Be a self-starter and competent with business complexities of managing medium to large teams.
- Must have good knowledge of digital marketing practices and practical experience of digital tech and tools.
- Must have top line operational knowledge on adtech and mar-tech (especially DSPs, GA, Adobe, tag management, double click, Double verify etc.)
- Must have 2-3 years of experience working in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Commercial acumen and understanding of value driven ops practice.
- Experience communicating Client briefs, technical concepts, questions, and problems for non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong interest in process improvement – you love finding ways to make processes more efficient and streamlined.
- Strong interest in process and tech automation – you must have understanding and benefits of automation.
Ideally have a knowledge of Advanced Excel features such as macros.
At Zenith Global, we believe that fostering an inclusive culture where all talent can thrive makes our company stronger and help drive invention in the work we do for our clients better. We also believe it enables a greater idea exchange that fuels innovation and best reflects diverse consumer experiences.
We are committed to encouraging our talent to participate in Publicis Groupe’s wide variety of talent engagement and inclusion programming, which includes professional development experiences and participation in the company’s many business resource groups. These include VivaWomen!, Égalité, MOCA (Men Of Colour Alliance) and more than a dozen others that are thriving across our network.
Through advocacy, education and inclusion we foster greater collaboration among our people, which in turn inspires work that provides better experiences for our clients and their consumers.