Lead Data Engineer
- 384 Northyards Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30318, USA
At Zenith we are dedicated to creating a sustainable advantage for our clients, providing them with a quantifiable return from their communications investment that outstrips their competitors. Our focus on ROI ensures that clients' budgets are invested, not simply spent. We believe the most important consideration for any campaign is a demonstrably effective outcome. We are committed to developing close partnerships with all our clients and to delivering a service that always exceeds expectations.
Above all, we know that ideas and imaginative solutions are vital to make our clients' brands stand out from the crowd; connecting with consumers in a striking and persuasive manner.
• Design, develop, validate, implement, and maintain end-to-end data engineering solutions
• Write application and database code based on business requirements or user stories, architectural requirements, and existing code.
• Design, develop, and enhance data models.
• Build complex data pipelines, and work to achieve high-quality data ingestion goals.
• Take ownership of complete data life cycle.
• Drive system performance of the data tier and the reliability of data feeds across the enterprise system.
• Modify and improve data engineering processes to handle ever-growing, highly-complex, and diverse data formats, sources, and pipelines.
• As part of the data processing team work on performance tuning and optimization, query optimization, index tuning, caching, buffer tuning, and data archiving strategies.
• Proactively estimate and plan development work, track and report progress, and deliver work on schedule.
• Write ad-hoc queries based on schema knowledge for various application requirements
• Contribute to operational support documentation.
• Participate in weekly on-call rotation.
• Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or related field.
• Solid hands-on experience with Google Cloud services: Storage, BiqQuery, DataProc, DataPrep, DataFlow, DataFusion, DataComposer, Datalab, and DataStudio.
• Active Google Cloud Data Engineer Certification or Active Google Professional Cloud Architect Certification, Python coding, AWS (Redshift, etc.), code based API integration, and CLI experience is a plus
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to speak and write professionally. Ability and comfort with presenting work by phone or within small groups.
• Excellent customer service skills. Ability to service clients, partners and internal stakeholders by understand their needs, translating those needs into creative solutions, and delivering on those solutions with diligence and a sense of urgency.
• Self-motivated and a self-starter with strong ability to multitask projects/tasks effectively.
• Digital media experience, particularly experience working in ad tech industry with a data-centric role is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.