Specialist, Research & Data Science
- 358 Rue Beaubien E, Montréal, QC H2S 1S1, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Publicis Media is one of Canada’s fastest growing Media Agency networks. The secret sauce? A pool of talented individuals who learn from each other (while tapping into global centres of excellence) and transparency at the core of everything we do, from data reporting to billing all the way to agency leadership. The result is a blend of meaningful work for some of Canadas’ favorite brands and endless opportunities to grow for our team members.
Publicis Media has experienced an incredible growth rate over the past years. The network has transformed and moved at the pace of culture. As a company we are pleased to offer the opportunity to work from anywhere.
In addition to providing continuing opportunities for career growth we are proud to offer our employees market leading benefit and incentive programs.
You’ll be provided with 3 weeks minimum vacation to start plus additional long weekend Publicis days, holidays closures, your birthday off, free Headspace memberships, wellness and technology credits, and market leading savings and pension plans.
We strive to provide what matters to you personally with the ability to choose and modify programs to suit your lifestyle.
Looking for a one-of-a-kind role that combines both research and data science skills to drive growth for brands? Look no further.
As a Research & Data Science Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering marketing insights to help drive the strategic planning process, evolve measurement, and optimize the media mix to improve return on investment. You will be using Publicis Media’s suite of research tools as well as leveraging digital platforms to transform vast data sets into actionable insights that inform targeting and optimization.
You will be reporting to the Research and Insights Director as part of a dynamic and growing team. This position offers the opportunity to learn and grow in the fields of media research and data strategy while learning the ins and outs of media effectiveness.
The successful candidate will have superior technical skills and attention to detail but must also be able to solve business issues using data, creativity, and human insight. Working collaboratively and building relationships with various key stakeholders, within both Publicis and the broader industry, is a key part of this role.
- Liaise with the planning team to help design, optimize and analyze all test-and-learn initiatives
- Act as the primary contact for any research or analytics requests from the clients
- Prepare and present competitive reviews for clients
- Ingest disparate data sources across Paid, Owned and Earned media into a consolidated environment for tracking, then glean meaningful insights from them
- Learn how to set up automated processes for data extraction, via API, SFTP, SQL, and more
- Extract, transform and load data for ingestion into business intelligence platforms
- Learn how to build dashboards in business intelligence platforms
- Build and deploy semi-automated Excel and PowerPoint digital reporting solutions such as campaign performance tracking
- Provide the Planning and Buying teams with analysis, insights and data-informed recommendations for campaign optimization
- Translate business objectives into media media measurement plans
- Assist with new business pitches
- Experienced with media planning terminology and principles
- Solid working knowledge of digital media data and systems
- Familiar with Canadian syndicated media research databases (for example: Vividata, Numeris, comScore, COMMB)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Previous experience having direct reports, developing career paths, performance management
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid presentation and training skills, with experience presenting to senior leaders
- Advanced knowledge of primary/custom research methodologies, surveys, panel data
- Enthusiastic, proactive, flexible and can adjust deadlines without sacrificing quality
- 3+ years research and/or media experience (preferably at an agency or media owner)
- University or College degree
- Technically competent and capable of working with and learning new software and tech platforms
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to convert data analysis into meaningful action for brands
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to cope under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines autonomously.
- Experience with or strong knowledge of ad servers and web analytics platforms such as DoubleClick, Adobe Media Optimiser, Sizmek, Google Analytics or Adobe Omniture Site Catalyst
- Experience with Data Visualization platforms such as Datorama, Tableau and Data Studio
- Familiarity with ad ops and adtech platforms
- Knowledge of statistical concepts
Publicis Media is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for all stages of the interview and employment process for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in Publicis Media, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.