Senior Content Designer
- Wood Ln, London W12, UK
Publicis Media helps clients drive sustainable business growth by harnessing the modern media landscape to drive one-to-one consumer connections at scale. Led by Sue Frogley, CEO, Publicis Media UK is made up of 2000 people working across market-leading media agencies including Zenith, Starcom and Spark Foundry as well as specialist practices Publicis Media Exchange (PMX), Performics, Publicis Sport & Entertainment, Publicis Media Content and NextTECHnow. Together they combine deep expertise in media investment, strategy, insights and analytics, data and technology, commerce, performance marketing and content. Publicis Media is part of Publicis Groupe and is present in more than 100 countries with over 23,500 employees worldwide.
This is not a traditional design role in a traditional agency environment. Yes, it requires a solid foundation in communication design but we’re not looking for someone dependant on a whole studio of designers and art directors. This is an important role in a small but highly collaborative and agile team, which is responsible for conceiving and executing all manner of content requirements, from social campaigns to TV ads to experiential activations.
This is a creative design role. We’re looking for someone who can interrogate briefs; work with creatives and strategists to translate insights into actionable ideas; come up with their own ideas; collaborate with producers and project managers on financial and technical feasibility; present compelling solutions to clients and execute perfect visual output. We’re looking for a visual problem solver.
This role isn’t for someone who’s just good at the software and knows how to work with grids. It is for someone who uses their design knowledge and experience to conceive and create amazing content. We want a thinker who creates, not an operator who makes.
The Creative & Production team is part of Publicis Content, a specialist content practice, servicing all agencies across Publicis Groupe with a focus on agencies within Publicis Media.
Publicis Content consists of 60+ specialists working across content strategy & planning, creative, production, social, influencers, and partnerships. We service our agency brands, building complete content stories which are audience-centric and platform-native. Our global scale gives us unrivalled access to market-leading data, tech, marketplaces & partners.
Team culture is extremely important. This role is supported by a small but fantastic, multi-talented team so we’re looking for an equally good communicator, an enthusiastic collaborator able to remain positive under stress, a proactive thinker and a generally nice person.
- Understand business contexts and challenges to define your own briefs where necessary.
- Research and artwork mock-ups and tests to formulate the best possible visual solutions.
- Create and deliver presentations for visual ideas/solutions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide hands-on design and direction throughout whole project schedules.
- Supporting and providing design direction for freelance resource when required.
- Managing, when appropriate, the visual design process/workflow with internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting producers and project managers with any given design process/workflow.
- Be a trusted point of contact for visual design inspiration and consultancy across the wider Content team and Publicis Media generally.
We’re not looking for a jack of all trades. The most important attribute is a solid knowledge and foundation of core design principles with an unrelenting willingness to apply them to new techniques, software and formats.
- Strategic awareness — ability to focus on a vision and ensure continuous delivery against that.
- Flawless attention to visual details.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and remain calm under pressure.
- Confident presenting and explaining visual ideas/output.
- Ability to operate with limited guidance in often ambiguous situations.
- Commercial acumen and awareness.
Publicis Media is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.