Associate Director, Analytics
- 375 Hudson Street, New York, NY
- Employees can work remotely
Spark Foundry is a global media agency that exists to bring HEAT – Higher Engagement, Affinity, and Transactions – to brands. By combining flawless media fundamentals with aggressive innovation, Spark inspires consumers to pay more attention; to care more about our clients’ brands; and to buy more products and services from them.
Balancing the nimble spirit of a startup with the powerhouse soul of Publicis Media, Spark Foundry delivers the best of both worlds to a client roster that spans some of the world’s best and most beloved brands and companies. We combine boutique-caliber insights and service with the buying clout and first-look access of a global leader, bringing the heat to challenger brands that want to act like giants, and to giant brands that want to act like challengers.
With a Millennial-friendly, bottom-up culture that celebrates diversity and aims for all voices to be heard, Spark has become a magnet for the industry’s best talent, with one of the best retention rates in the industry. And by applying a whole-person approach to professional and personal development, Spark develops a workforce that is well prepared for today’s challenges, and also poised to create meaningful careers in the years to come.
Because we know that heat arises the intersection of complementary forces, our professionals come from myriad disciplines and backgrounds: data, analytics, and insights; content and creative production; communications and strategy; finance and marketing; and sociology, psychology, and other liberal arts disciplines.
The Associate Director, Analytics and Insights is responsible for the application of data driven insights into Spark Foundry planning, investment, and measurement process. Additionally, the role requires the candidate to design and lead the implementation of modern measurement plans and longer terms roadmaps for the client. Working closely with internal client teams and Analytics leads are vital parts of the role, with accountability for the highest quality execution of a diverse array of client and project deliverables an imperative. The role functions as an expert technical point of escalation, an analytical problem solver, and a technical translator to internal account teams and clients. It provides ongoing strategic account direction/vision for technology, process, and digital reporting/insights.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and groups, facilitating synergy between the planning and activation functions that manage day-to-day client business
- Build and develop relationships with client business directors and brand teams, ensuring that client and overall data proposition is relevant and aligns with strategy direction
- Grow product delivery and agency revenue organically by cross-selling and up-selling value-add analytical products across client divisions, markets, categories, etc…
- Drive a culture of ‘always on’ data driven decision making that will institutionalize the use of consumer-driven analytics in media/marketing investment planning
- Scope and direct advanced analytics projects to ensure that the deliverables are designed to answer valuable client and media team questions, and that timelines and scope are adhered to
- Have experience and expertise in how to intersect consulting skills, data, advanced analytics, and marketing strategy to drive and improve clients’ business results
- Consult with senior client marketing and business leaders to define and answer most important business questions
- Determine creative campaign data and tracking requirements – manage measurement systems for data capture and reporting
- Advise on how to best leverage media and marketing investments to drive business results
- Work collaboratively with the network to provide the client with the very best thinking and leadership in creating meaningful and measurable marketing experiences
- Underpin client marketing processes with ‘Big Picture’ measurement frameworks and KPIs that will be used to evaluate experiences and specific plans, campaigns, or investments across paid, owned, and earned media environments
- Keep abreast of evolving media landscape, including research and emerging trends to provide insight to both media teams and client (as required)
- Guide and work closely with the planning teams and the client teams to deliver on “data driven” marketing investment decisions (how much, where, when, which channels, etc…)
- Create and manage deliverables against detailed project plans that align expectations with outcomes
- Provide a high-value consultation layer on top of analytics deliverables
- Consult with client media teams to align on the strategy, implementation, and measurement plans for all key accounts
- Determine the best means of communicating analytical insights to clients that ensures understanding of results and application of the analyses is applied
- Build presentations providing clear analytics story – why the work is important, the truths that the analytics reveal, and the actions that should follow the analyses
- Build the profile of Business Integration within the agency by packaging and evangelizing best in class client work
- 5-8 years of experience consulting with clients on making strategic investment decisions to improve business results
- Minimum 4 years of working with R or Python (Must have worked and created codes from scratch on several projects – not merely running someone else’s code by changing some parameters)
- Minimum 2 years of SQL (Must have worked and created codes from scratch on several projects – not merely running someone else’s code by changing some parameters)
- ETL Process (Must have done this repeatedly throughout the career and must be able to self-diagnose the data for error).
- Have ran regressions in projects and understand regressions thoroughly
- P-value, VIF, T-score, R2, MSE, Durbin-Watson should all be familiar terms
- Forecasting methodologies (ARIMA, fbProphet, etc)
- Must be able to calculate significant tests in various setups such comparison of means, proportions, and finding minimum # of sample size
- Correlation, Cluster Analysis, and Factor Analysis
- Fluent in media terminologies such as impression, GRP, TRP, CPM
Nice To Have:
- Quantitative educational background (preferred advanced degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Economics, Quantitative Marketing)
- Have conducted A/B tests
- Have ran Marketing Mix Models
- Have ran Multi-Touch Attribution
- SEM, DLM, Elastic Net regressions
- Decision Tree
- Data visualization skills (e.g. Datorama or Tableau)
- Experience with log files
- Ad serving platforms (e.g. Google’s Campaign Manager and Flashtalking) and digital display creative performance data
- Website analytics software (e.g. Adobe SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics, Test & Target)
- Knowledge of syndicated media research & systems (Nielsen, comScore, MRI, Scarborough)
- Experience in a cross-functional team environment with agency experience a big plus
- Strong understanding of contemporary marketing analytics, advertising technology and research techniques, as well as an innovative vision on how the practice should evolve to keep pace with the ever-changing marketing environment
- Strong client management/consultative experience with both presenting and resolving issues
- Extensive experience leading and managing marketing technology projects from ideation through installation
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills – a demonstrated ability to mine data for relevant and actionable insights
- Solid written and verbal communication skill with ability to communicate/translate complex concepts to non-technical audience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.