Dev Ops Engineer
- 1A Wherry Quay, Ipswich, United Kingdom
vsGaming are one of many Playtech companies based in the UK and are based amidst the historic and regenerated Ipswich Waterfront.
vsG develop and provide market leading Virtual Sports solutions to the gaming sector by combining high end graphics with sophisticated simulations. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of simulation, game engines, media services, web technologies and 3D development technologies, always striving to find the best solutions in the most efficient ways.
At vsGaming we aim to provide the best and most unique content by pushing the boundaries of 3D gaming content and allowing developers to be creative with comprehensive simulations by using latest technologies.
Main purpose of the job
The DevOps Engineer mainly responsible for release and deployments of Virtual Sports along with new environments setup and maintaining existing environments. Skilled in innovating, developing and maintaining build, release and configuration management.
The key focus of this position is full assistance and innovation towards the automation, Continuous Delivery and configuration of the development, QA and delivery process via standard industry tools such as Jenkins.
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Tasks
- DevOps Engineer will be responsible for maintaining platform releases and deployments across various environments and customers.
- Build and improve the Continuous Delivery capability and lead the DevOps activities of the Virtual Sports product.
- Ensuring product releases are packaged to best quality and ready for deployment across various environments without detriment or issue.
- Working closely with the Dev, QA and Delivery teams to ensure product fully tested and aligned for live deployment.
- Provide support, maintenance of existing systems and out of hours support as required.
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend new tools and technologies especially automation, scalability, performance and high availability areas.
- Adhere to SDLC process and responsible for producing and maintaining release, support, deployment and Infrastructure related documents.
- Liaise with Internal Infrastructure or 3rd parties for H/W procurement and installations.
- Co-ordinate product releases with various teams (Playtech or 3rd party) and customers.
- Strong Linux systems administration and scripting skills.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and Frameworks.
- Experience of maintaining Java/J2EE applications, working with SQL databases and Webserver’s, servlet containers and Dockers setup.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development/testing teams to streamline code deployment.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of virtualization, networking terminology (routing, firewalls etc.), security, load balancers, cloud streaming, streaming protocols and monitoring tools.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
A 2i or 1st class honours degree; plus ‘A’ or ‘B’ grade A-levels. The subject should be of a technical nature.
Any formal system administration/programming qualification
3+ years’ experience as DevOps Engineer or equivalent technical role
Significant contribution to several software delivery projects using relevant technologies
Experienced in Linux administration and Scripting
Proven experience of using CI/CD tools.
Experienced in Shell Scripting, any other Programming (Java/Python) and SQL.
Excellent problem solving and communication skills
Working experience on any of the following: Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Virtual Machines, Puppet, Chef, SVN, Git, Jira, Agile Delivery, SQL (Oracle), Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Maven, Gradle and Nexus
Knowledge of Java applications, Micro Services, web services / client server frameworks
Gambling/Gaming experience a huge benefit
Needs to be updated