Staff Accountant-Corporate Accounting-Great Company!
- 2401 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael, CA 94901, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Phoenix American Incorporated is made up of a diversified group of companies providing financial services to clients since 1972. Our Financial Services Company is a registered transfer agent with the SEC and has administered millions of investments for hundreds of funds. We are a leader in the field of securitization administration and accounting managing over $14 billion of aviation assets at original issuance. We have a reputation for excellence providing distinctive quality, superior technology and committed customer service to our clients for more than forty years.
Analyze general ledger data and prepare journal entries in accordance with GAAP principles. Process large volumes of general ledger data for reporting. Assist with month-end billing and process cash receipts.
Currently this is only a partially remote position with certain duties that may be required to be performed in our office in San Rafael, California.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as prepaid assets and deferred revenue accounts.
- Analyze accrual accounts and makes adjusting entries.
- Maintain depreciation, amortization and other accounting schedules as necessary.
- Assist and document month-end close.
- Perform high volume bank reconciliations
- Assist with preparation of month-end billing supporting documents and invoices.
- BS in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- Prior experience with financial systems, preferable Oracle Financial Application
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word (embedded tables) and Excel (pivot tables, linking, Vlookups, and advanced formulas)
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This position is not available for Sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.