Quality Assurance Engineer - Remote Work Opportunity - Temporary to Possible Perm
- 2401 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael, CA 94901, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Phoenix American Financial Services, Inc. (PAFS) is an established leader in the field of investment administration services handling full back office support for millions of investments and hundreds of funds. We are a registered Transfer agent with the SEC and offer our clients full service investment administration including investor relation support in accordance with SEC rule 506(c) as well as fund accounting services. We have a reputation for excellence in the direct investment industry and have experienced very rapid growth as we continue to expand service offerings.
The Investor Services division of PAFS provides full service investment administration functions including complete daily investment administration on its Syndication Tracking and Reporting system (STAR). STAR is specifically designed for direct participation investment programs, including; REITS, BDCs, commodity pools, hedge funds, limited partnerships, LLCs and similar securities.
The Quality Assurance Engineer provides software-testing solutions and accurate timely reports of test results. They are responsible for identifying, creating and maintaining policies and procedures governing quality assurance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned)
1. Software Testing:
- Develops and executes test plans for all stages of the product development lifecycle
- Reviews and tests new software program modules to support business requirements
- Ensure proper version control of all written test cases
- Effectively document and report test results
- Perform functional, system and regression testing
- Manages the scheduling and tracking of component test milestones.
- Participates in development lifecycle for products including participating in design reviews and QA test plan reviews
- Independently identifies process improvements for consideration by manager and team
- Promotes high level of quality standards
- Continuously “raises the bar” on technology and software usability
2. Effectively communicate and interact with members of the Development team:
- Remain current on assigned application design and specification documents
- Work closely with members of the team to quickly identify defects in our product line
- Suggest enhancement requests which help increase the usability of assigned test areas
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- BS in Computer Science, related engineering discipline or equivalent work experience
- At least 4-6 years’ experience in a Software Quality Assurance position
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS
- Well versed in SQL & PL/SQL
- Knowledgeable in Version control methodologies
- Experience in the use of MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Up to date with current industry standards and trends
- Experienced in performance or load testing
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.