Business Development Representative
- 418 S Dawson St, Raleigh, NC 27601, USA
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
As a Business Development Representative at Pendo, you will be responsible for generating new and high-quality pipeline for one of our sales territories. Using a comprehensive sales technology suite, you will engage daily in strategic research of the SaaS/Web Application space to determine the best companies and personas for engagement with Pendo’s product. You will work directly with your territory’s Account Executives to produce and deliver effective outreaches through channels such as phone calls, emailing, direct mailers, social media and events/networking. This role will serve as hands-on training as you transition to be a sales executive at Pendo. You will become an expert on Pendo’s platform, a wizard of the SaaS industry and a master of sales strategy and technique. Every day you will be challenged by smart and driven teammates to learn and understand the sales process, as well as one of the most innovative platforms in the market.
What you will do
- Generate new, high-quality sales demos to be completed by Account Executives
- Meet all key performance metrics and goals on a weekly and monthly basis
- Research and target exciting new SaaS companies
- Use all available sales data to recognize trends and drive outreach decisions
- Create successful cold calling and email campaigns targeting new prospects
- Learn and demonstrate the Pendo platform to prospective customers
- Manage free trial implementations and work with sales engineers to troubleshoot issues
- Gain proficiency in SalesForce.com data logging
- Periodically travel to territory events to meet existing prospects, provide face to face product demos, and generate new pipeline
- Work with a close-knit team of talented sales experts who will challenge you and support you in your professional growth
- You have a 4-year college degree
- You have 1-2 years of sales experience/lead generation (preferred)
- You have an internal motivation and drive to succeed in a goal-driven position
- You are willing to learn in a fast-paced sales environment
- You possess the ability to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable
- You show an eagerness to learn technology basics and apply them to business situations
- You are belligerently confident and relentlessly curious
- You are a hard worker with a strong sense of urgency
- You are a team player and FUN to work with!
- We are a passionate and fast-growing startup culture
- You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients
- You can enjoy frequent company and team-building events
- We are located in the heart of Raleigh, one of the fastest growing cities in the Southeast
- Join our team and you will have a real impact on Pendo’s future and direction
Benefits and Perks
- Company Equity
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, 100% covered for you and your family
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
Hear from our Pendozers on why it's so great working at Pendo.
Check out this video of our CEO Todd Olson speaking about Pendo.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
No Agencies Please.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.