Sr. Account Executive
- 600 California St, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
The Pendo Sales team has the goal of growing the business by 3x year over year. We have a team sales mentality where everyone works together toward a common objective. We are very metrics driven and hold ourselves to a high level of accountability. Our Sales team follows these core values:
- Hit your number
- Work as a team
- Grow and learn
- Be exceptional
- Have fun
As a Sr. Account Executive, you will be responsible for overseeing the success plan in a specific sales geo-territory. This will include managing a territory's larger deal cycles from generation through to close. While this role is not a managerial role, it will include strategizing with the Business Development Representative and Account Executive in that territory and running team efforts. You will be the primary contact with higher-tier revenue customers and have the responsibilities of demoing Pendo's platform, providing technical assistance, successfully navigating a proof of concept, and negotiating contracts. As a Sr. Account Executive, you will be accountable for developing the plan that will lead to hitting your territory goal, with the full assistance of the company to make you successful.
What you will do:
- Work full cycle deals from demo complete to close
- Research and target exciting new SaaS companies using prospecting tools
- Be an integral part of Pendo's new sales team in the Bay Area!
- Build and manage a territory plan
- Learn and demonstrate the Pendo platform to new prospective customers
- Navigate a customer through a 30-day free trial and proof of concept
- Negotiate contracts
- Record and document all sales activities in SalesForce.com
What you'll get:
- A deep knowledge of selling a SaaS B2B product.
- Exposure to some of the top SaaS professionals in the industry
- Interaction with the top SaaS companies in the world as they are our customers
- The ability to prospect, demo, and close in a high paced environment.
- Proficiency in sales tools such as SalesForce.com, Outreach, Datanyze, LinkedIn, and more.
- The more you succeed…the more responsibility you will get…quickly!
- 5 years or more of sales experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial SaaS environment.
- Proven success in closing deal sizes at or above 100k.
- Consistent track record of hitting goal and numbers.
- Possess an understanding of SaaS financial metrics.
- Willingness to learn in a high-paced sales environment.
- Ability to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable.
- The ability to learn technology basics and apply them to business situations.
- Bonus: Technical or Product Management background.
- Bonus: Entrepreneurial background.
We are a passionate and fast-growing startup culture
You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients
You can enjoy frequent company and team-building events
We are located in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District
Join our team and you will have a real impact on Pendo’s future and direction.
Benefits and Perks
Health, dental, and vision benefits 100% covered for your entire family
Open vacation policy
Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
Hear from other Pendozers on why it's so great working at Pendo.
Check out this video of our CEO Todd Olson speaking about Pendo.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
No Agencies Please.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.