- 600 California St, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
Pendo's platform helps Product teams to understand how their product is being used, and to use that understanding to drive more engaged customers. As a Sales Engineer at Pendo you’ll play a critical part in our customers’ - and Pendo’s - success!
You will be responsible for all technical, solution, and competitive aspects of the Pendo sales cycle. You will sell to Enterprise and Mid Market executives, convincing C-level and director level executives of the technical merits of the software solution. The SE will work, in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their prospects. The SE will take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our prospects to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone.
What you will do:
Sell the product!
Be the expert that articulates Pendo capabilities in the context of customer needs
Manage and lead proof of concept evaluations
Interact directly with prospects to address any technical questions and represent the technical expertise of Pendo’s Engineering and Success teams
Provide training for demonstrating existing and new features
Contribute reusable assets such as demo sites and scripts, competitive material, and reusable POC assets
Perform Pendo installations, build and troubleshoot Pendo Guides
Track and raise feature requests
Provide feedback to product, engineering, and marketing teams at Pendo based on market need
Who you are and what you possess:
- 4 + years of SMB / Mid Market software selling experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience mapping RFI/RFP requirements to software solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, persuasion, presentation and writing skills.
- Experience scoping, managing and executing customer pilots and Proof of Concepts.
- Outstanding problem solving skills, including the ability to meet a business requirement with a technical solution.
- Superior solution scoping abilities, using our existing solution and influencing new product development.
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced startup environment with multiple roles.
- Willingness to travel
- Passion and people skills
- Previous consulting experience implementing enterprise class software solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of Product Management
We are a passionate and fast-growing startup culture
You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients
Enjoy frequent company and team-building events
- We are located in the heart of San Francisco's Financial District
Join our team and you will have a real impact on Pendo’s future and direction
Benefits and Perks
Health, dental, and vision benefits 100% covered for your entire family
Open vacation policy
Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
Hear from other Pendozers on why it's so great working at Pendo.
Check out this video of our CEO Todd Olson speaking about Pendo.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
No Agencies Please.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.