Director of Design
- Raleigh, NC
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their hearts and minds to build something they wanted but never had as product managers — a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society’s experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by top tier institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, and Spark Capital. Our culture is passionate, fast paced, and fun!
What you’ll do:
As a Director of Design your impact will be focused at the intersection of interaction, storytelling, brand and visual design.
You'll lead and grow a team of high-performing UX and visual designers as your team partners with product managers, data scientists, and engineers to develop a sophisticated platform that is easy to use and creates delight for product teams.
You’ll be responsible for:
Leading and developing a team of designers; setting clear goals, managing project loads and allocate designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success
Developing best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality
Creative concepting and prototyping through to final deliverables
Fostering ongoing improvements in creative processes and methodologies
Creating visually compelling experiences using human centered design processes.
This position reports directly to the Chief Product Officer
Who you are:
You have lead a product design function or team for a fast growing SaaS company
You are leading and managing designers that have shipped excellent products
Empathetic, and have a genuinely collaborative attitude
You apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that are grounded in customer insights, business goals and technology - across web and mobile.
You collaborate effectively with product management, development, marketing, team members and leadership.
You use leadership skills to drive the highest quality outcome for stakeholders.
We’ll consider individuals from both consumer and enterprise backgrounds
Please include your portfolio in your cover letter. Only candidates who have a portfolio will be considered.
- Passionate and high-growth startup culture
- Work with an exciting and diverse set of technologies and clients
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Located in the heart of downtown Raleigh
- Work with a great team & make a real impact on Pendo’s future and direction
Benefits and Perks
- Company Equity
- Health, dental, and vision benefits (covered day 1 of employment)
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and healthy snacks
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
Hear from other Pendozers on why it's so great working at Pendo.
Check out this video of our CEO Todd Olson speaking about Pendo.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- No Agencies Please.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.