Marketing Board Member
- Passion for Life, Atlanta, GA, United States
Passion for Life, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to help students identify their passions and create a plan to turn their passions into rewarding careers. Passion for Life, Inc. was created to be a high energy and engaging process that helps students identify their passions and gain clarity on how to utilize their core strengths and talents to select a career.
The core focus of the Board is to ensure that the organization is fiscally responsible, accountable and sustainable. In addition, all Board Members are expected to assist with fundraising to ensure successful operational performance through the leveraging of their network and contacts for the furthering of the organization's overall mission.
In addition to board responsibilities, the Marketing Committee Chair will lead and develop the marketing team. The chair will work in partnership with the board of directors and serve as liaison to the team assisting the organization to develop a brand strategy to generate awareness of Passion for Life, Inc.
The Board Marketing Committee Chair will oversee the following:
● Strategic Leadership and Planning: Work in conjunction with the board and committee to develop a marketing strategy. Lead a collaborative team to ideate, prioritize, develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to create brand messaging and awareness, increase social media followers, and manage standards for compliance and operations for Passion for Life, Inc.
● Development: Responsible for building a team to assist with the development and implementation of marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR.
● Implementation: Will lead and provide guidance of team to execute marketing campaigns by preparing marketing schedules, content, databases, plans, and objectives; planning and organizing promotional presentations/materials; updating calendars.
Our ideal board candidate is a person who is passionate about youth career development and is solution-focused, and a strategic executor.
** This is a Volunteer Opportunity **
● Bachelors or Masters degree in Marketing
● Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles
● Strength in shaping positive brand perceptions through brand character, voice and tone, visual expression and the overall experience to create brand advocates and grow organization.
● Adept at building trusting relationships while motivating / influencing others to adopt new best practices through fact-based analyses / discussion
● A proven track record of delivering marketing strategies and developing content strategies and collateral that delivers measurable results
● Excellent leadership and collaboration skills with experience growing and developing a team
● Board experience preferred
● Direct Leadership experience preferred
● Prior experience in nonprofit environment a plus
● Monthly board meetings (2 hours)
● Participate in committee meetings and related work (2-4 hours per month as determined by the committee)
● Identify, linking other individuals and resources; meeting with potential donors/funders (3 hours monthly)
● Attend Passion for Life, Inc. fundraising events and program functions (3-5 annually)